Sjoke throw-ins next week - any ideas how to sort them?

Stand in front of him right on the line so he can't get the maximum momentum to reach!

we need to win the 2nd ball on edge of our box when our defenders head out throw ins/crosses what ever they throw at us

ANY1aBLUE said:
Set plays are very worrying. Mancini prefers the zonal marking. It doesnt work and its too late to change now. Big concern. We are appalling at defending set pieces and always look vulnerable - stoke are probably the best team in the League at exploiting that..................................

How many goals have we conceded from set pieces this season? I wouldn't have thought too many.

More worrying is the way they pull/push players out of a wall so the freekick taker gets a clear shot at goal, the ref never seems to spot it, for evidence watch the cup tie against West Ham and last week's game against Blackpool.

moomba said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Set plays are very worrying. Mancini prefers the zonal marking. It doesnt work and its too late to change now. Big concern. We are appalling at defending set pieces and always look vulnerable - stoke are probably the best team in the League at exploiting that..................................

How many goals have we conceded from set pieces this season? I wouldn't have thought too many.
Goals I can think of are:
Darrent Bent vs.Sunderland
Marlon Harewood vs. Blackpool
Taylor-Fletcher vs. Blackpool
Carroll vs. Newcastle
Gardner vs. Birmingham
David Luiz vs. Chelsea
Ba vs. West Ham
Distin vs. Everton

That's all I can think of?

spacecadet said:
I would put 3 or 4 City players on the halfway line so that they have to bring more people out the box. Any ideas?

Don't give the ball away in the oppositions half (having more possession gives them less opportunity to get in good positions for throw-ins).
Don't settle for knocking it out for a throw in, use your body and a bit of skill to make room between you and the opposing player to kick it up feild.

It's not just throw-ins neither. Pennant's set pieces are brilliant. So our liability (the worst thing about our team all season) of giving away ridiculous free-kicks in dangerous positions around the box needs to stop!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.