Sjoke throw-ins next week - any ideas how to sort them?

Soulboy said:
Try not to give away throw ins!

Also, try not to give away cheap free kicks... or corners.

Force them to actually play against us, and to create a goal for themselves.

As much as Lescott has improved with a run in the side, he really is a "hands on" defender and gives a player and ref every opportunity of giving the free kick.

We have to be smart next week.

noticed towards the end of the stoke arse game, arse got a throw in which was roughly in line wih the stoke box,dont know who took it but had the stoke keeper and defence flapping a taste of their own medicine could do no harm..As for their throw ins earlier in the season at stoke which ended 1.1 we dealt pretty well with them from what i recall..

blueinsa said:
Soulboy said:
Try not to give away throw ins!

Also, try not to give away cheap free kicks... or corners.

Force them to actually play against us, and to create a goal for themselves.

As much as Lescott has improved with a run in the side, he really is a "hands on" defender and gives a player and ref every opportunity of giving the free kick.

We have to be smart next week.

As are Richards and Zabaleta as well!

We have too many defenders who give away daft free kicks and possession.

If one thing has to be drummed into the players it is not to give Stoke any chances to do what they do best.

because he throws the ball almost flat why not libe up a 2 man wall, I seem to think the first time we played stoke last season we tried a single man wall to throw off his timing and that of the attackers

have Joe Hart not kick the ball straight out of bounds in our end which he does 2 times per game.

Soulboy said:
As are Richards and Zabaleta as well!
...then add Barry Milner, and Vieira in midfield who also give away too many cheap free kicks (I know they won't all play). However the post above that says our defending of set peices is very poor, its not its pretty good, what we're not great at is picking up the loose ball when its cleared, mainly because we always have everyone behind the ball when it comes in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.