Skrtel

suarez7 said:
Our best defender alongside agger , but as someone said , will rather sell him than agger ,will be sad to see him leave though .worth no less than 20m , and he's no benchwarmer . Better than lescott.

I think johnson might be included in any deal we do , given if we are interested in johnson , i will take 10m+johnson or a straight 25m deal.

Total bollocks.

The Mirror story about Skrtel getting married and putting his future on hold for two weeks whilst he goes on honeymoon fits with Tolmie's clue yesterday re 2 weeks after the party starts! Or am I putting 2 and 2 together and getting 22!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Dippers on some forums asking for Richards AND Johnson in the deal...YCNMIU.

I rate him-10-15 max for cash....If AJ were to be included then straight swap.

Dippers on some forums asking for Richards AND Johnson in the deal

laughter.jpg

They can throw in Glenn Johnson if they wish but they won't get Richards. Don't like or rate Skrtel and dislike him a whole lot more and rate him even less at £20m!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Take him for around 15 million. We need a centre half and he could do a decent enough job. He can do the bread and butter stuff and leave the tricky stuff to the rest of the team

suarez7 said:
so all skrtel haters , please tell me is thiago silva at £40m rightly priced?

If Thiago Silva was English, half of the Transfer Forum clique would call him shit.

Skrtl worth no more than £10-15m, or Johnson and a few million thrown in.

Would make a decent backup, although wouldn't be allowed to get away with a tenth of what he does in a Liverpool shirt.

Man Cini said:
okstate99 said:
Thats Liverpool spin. I would think half the much would get him.

Can he fillin at LB or RB? I think Koloarov might go, so that might help our depth since Zaba can play either left or right so it would easy to have him fillin with help of another.

We wouldn't sell him for less than £20 million, actually I think we will be looking for what you paid for Lescott at minimum, as he is better than him or just as good at worst.

No he can't play right or left back. He is very much a centre back. We played him at right back once vs Boro, it didn't work out well.

And against Spuds away, where he got sent off..

Just been on RAWK, some comments for you..

£25m is a actually a reasonable price for Skrtel, but we're talking Manchester "Bags o' Money" City here, so there's no reason to quote them anything reasonable.

Raise the price to £50m and if they go for it, we can buy 2 Skrtels.

If anyone wants to leave, fuck them. We can't offer what City can. If he's set on going, get what we can and move on. The club will remain whoever is wearing the shirt.

I'd take £20m+ for him, but only if we'd end up spending that money wisely. £20m + Adam Johnson would be a good deal

Vertonghen from Ajax would have been a good replacement for £9m, Sigurdsson for £8m and then £3m to spare. I'd be more worried if Agger was the one that wanted a move

Quite funny reading the Man City forums though. "He's crap, but he'll be a good benchwarmer. 3rd choice at best" "Liverpool's player of the season, but that's not hard is it ?"

From Sky Sports News..

Skrtel ready for talks
Defender wants to know Rodgers' plans for the future

Martin Skrtel's representative has revealed that the issue of a new contract will be on the agenda when he meets for discussions over Liverpool's plans for the future following their managerial change this summer.

The Slovakia centre-back has two years left on his current deal but speculation has surfaced to suggest that he is being targeted by other clubs for a transfer window move.

According to widespread reports in Thursday's press, Manchester City are huge fans of Skrtel and could be considering a summer swoop.

Big-spending Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala have also been credited with an interest in the 27-year-old, but his agent is focused only on holding talks with the Reds.
Changes

Brendan Rodgers has come in to replace Kenny Dalglish as boss since the end of last season and Skrtel is keen to find out how he intends to take the club forward.

Agent Karol Cstonto is quoted as saying: "Some changes have been made at the club and he wants to know what the aims and ambitions are. And of course, we will discuss the issue of Martin's new contract.

"Liverpool is a big club and just because they haven't made the Champions League this year doesn't mean they would not do it next year.

"There are expectations on both sides, though."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7832615/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... um=twitter</a>

Its got to be a straight swap for Johnson, but would be willing to through in Bridge as a sweetner..... :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.