Skrtel

danburge82 said:
Bazzmand Show said:
I don't want him because he is not in the same class as Vinnie and I don't think he is as good as Lescott either. So whats the point?
Four main things almost stopped us winning the title last season:
1. Experience
2. Tevez fucking off
3. Lack of quality back up at centre half
4. Lack of wingers in the squad

Skrtl would address no3.

Agreed - and is there anyone better out there who's likely to be available. Hard ugly f....r - just what we need as back up.

I know Skrtel would be an ideal signing for us guys, but does no one else agree that continuous poaching rivals best players is a wee bit off. We should be looking abroad imo. Cahill would have been perfect aswell, i cant understand why on earth we did not approach that deal.

we should not only look towards buying proven , experienced ,EXPENSIVE , ego players like agger , skrtel who take a lot of wages , that will not help us to adjust with FFP , rather we should build our scouting network , look for bargain like cahill , vertohngen(spell) and lots of quality bargain available for fee under £10m who are happy to sit as a substitute and dont eat up a lot of wages , i am sure there are lots of cheap centre backs available out there

Football guy said:
we should not only look towards buying proven , experienced ,EXPENSIVE , ego players like agger , skrtel who take a lot of wages , that will not help us to adjust with FFP , rather we should build our scouting network , look for bargain like cahill , vertohngen(spell) and lots of quality bargain available for fee under £10m who are happy to sit as a substitute and dont eat up a lot of wages , i am sure there are lots of cheap centre backs available out there
We went for a 'bargain' last summer...Savic.

Joehannes said:
Football guy said:

Bargain means a quality player bought for 60%-70% of his real value , savic was a average player bought for what he's worth

Football guy said:
Joehannes said:
Football guy said:

Bargain means a quality player bought for 60%-70% of his real value , savic was a average player bought for what he's worth

Bought for twice his worth.

Imo Cahill was a no brainer. English too which helps with quota. Criminal to let him pass. Savic makes me cut myself :(

Still our youth looks good, always goodto save a few quid.

He will provide the necessary competetion in that position if we are interested. Savic was brought in last season to do that, and it has not worked out as he looks very shaky and well short of required standard needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.