Skrtel

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
BlueCityfan said:
To not want Skirtel because he is dirty (i don't think he is that dirty in all honesty) is a ridiculous reason IMO.
We have a worse thug in De Jong, who has karate kicked someone in a WC final and broken a few legs.

Didn't Skirtel kung fu kick Jo in the back in the game when we were 2-0 up and they beat us 3-2 zab got sent off Walton was the ref..

he's a right nasty ****, thats why i like him!

Cheadle Blue said:
BlueCityfan said:
To not want Skirtel because he is dirty (i don't think he is that dirty in all honesty) is a ridiculous reason IMO.
We have a worse thug in De Jong, who has karate kicked someone in a WC final and broken a few legs.

Didn't Skirtel kung fu kick Jo in the back in the game when we were 2-0 up and they beat us 3-2 zab got sent off Walton was the ref..

He's a right nasty **** and that's why I don't like him. The best players don't need to be dirty (look at Komps for example) whereas not good enough or 'has been' players need to be dirty to compete (look at dirty terry or the increasingly dirty wio for example).
If RM signs him then I'll bow to his wisdom but I don't see him as anything other than cover for emergencies and someone for the early round cup games.

hisroyalblueness said:
Cheadle Blue said:

He's a right nasty **** and that's why I don't like him. The best players don't need to be dirty (look at Komps for example) whereas not good enough or 'has been' players need to be dirty to compete (look at dirty terry or the increasingly dirty wio for example).
If RM signs him then I'll bow to his wisdom but I don't see him as anything other than cover for emergencies and someone for the early round cup games.
A player can be dirty without needing to be dirty. If someone is dirty it doesn't necessarily make them a bad player. Being dirty as a defensive player just adds to their game ie. Gattuso was world class and a thug on the pitch, Vieira was a dirty player when needed to be and was world class, Roy Keane (dare I say)... Being a right nasty **** is just how some players play, Vinnie isn't a nasty **** because it's not in his nature, he can be when needed though.

ello_jo said:
hisroyalblueness said:
Cheadle Blue said:

A player can be dirty without needing to be dirty. If someone is dirty it doesn't necessarily make them a bad player. Being dirty as a defensive player just adds to their game ie. Gattuso was world class and a thug on the pitch, Vieira was a dirty player when needed to be and was world class, Roy Keane (dare I say)... Being a right nasty **** is just how some players play, Vinnie isn't a nasty **** because it's not in his nature, he can be when needed though.

Vinnie can smarten up twats who try it on with him though it's not his natural game (he uses skill, speed etc) but from what I've seen of skirtle the 'being a dirty ****' is about 90% of what he has to give and that's not good enough for City IMO.

hisroyalblueness said:
ello_jo said:
hisroyalblueness said:

Vinnie can smarten up twats who try it on with him though it's not his natural game (he uses skill, speed etc) but from what I've seen of skirtle the 'being a dirty ****' is about 90% of what he has to give and that's not good enough for City IMO.
Im not by any means saying I think Skrtel is good enough to get into Citys's team, but the reason wouldn't be just because he is a nasty ****. Like I say there are many nasty cunts I would've loved to see play for city (Keane doesn't fall into that category).

Cheadle Blue said:
BlueCityfan said:

And he got Balo sent off faking injury, proper ****. no thanks.

Cheadle Blue said:
BlueCityfan said:

Gerry Gow was a proper nasty **** - oh what a fookin player makes Nige look a propoer gent

I think Skrtel would be a great addition! Look at a lot of the best teams and they have 3 types of centre half. A great footballer (Vinnie) and a hard as nails chopper who attackers shit themselves against. He'd do great for City.

Cityinmyheart said:
Please don't buy another Center Back/

Why not? Would you trust Savic if either Kompany or Lescott are injured? Kolo looks like he is off, and while Karim Rekik looks promising he is still a raw teenager. Skrtel is a good player and if we can prise him away from Liverpool it could be a good edition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.