Skrtel

Was on a stag do this weekend for a scouser - half the attendees were scousers and they all seemed adament that he was coming to City. Some well known Liverpool source has been on about.

I dont know the source or if its true but they were already talking about who should replace him.

LongsightM13 said:
Train said:
Daniel agger is the better player.
Agger is made of glass.
Skrtel is a much, much better centre half than Collocini or Cahill. He is a leader.
£20m seems over the top but don't doubt he is a very good defender

He's a very tenacious defender, good in the air, male bravado personified with his aggression, but we already have a good CB partnership in Kompany and Lescott. If your going to pay 20 million which is 5 million more than his worth imo, why would you buy someone whose limitations are the same as what we already have.

Skrtel has limited passing range, is prone to the odd brainfade moment which is likely to be magnified on our team and is a pretty average tackler.

A CB that has good passing range and accuracy is what we need.

Train said:
LongsightM13 said:
Train said:
Agger is made of glass.
Skrtel is a much, much better centre half than Collocini or Cahill. He is a leader.

He's a very tenacious defender, good in the air, male bravado personified with his aggression, but we already have a good CB partnership in Kompany and Lescott. If your going to pay 20 million which is 5 million more than his worth imo, why would you buy someone whose limitations are the same as what we already have.

Skrtel has limited passing range, is prone to the odd brainfade moment which is likely to be magnified on our team and is a pretty average tackler.

Limited passing range? I take it you didn't watch Blackburn vs Liverpool.

We usually suffer against teams who try to rough us up and it would definitely help us and give us the option to go 5 at the back as Mancini has done several times this season to hold onto a lead. He does seem to have matured this last 12-18 months and doesn't dive into stupid tackles as much although he is prone to the odd rash one. With Vinny or Jolene next to him I'm sure he'll up his game again and become a more cultured defender without King Kenny telling him to launch it at Andy Carroll's napper every 5 minutes.

LongsightM13 said:
Train said:
Agger is made of glass.

I Agree. Skrtel is a very good CB, big, strong, powerful and very commanding. He doesn't just launch a ball out when he has possession just simple effective defending and he lets others do the fancy passing.

As a defensive pool of players that City have, Skrtel will be a very good additiion. I doubt he is being aquired for a starting birth week in week out, but as we experianced last year, we were caught short for strength in depth in the CB role.

I think he'd be a good addition to the squad, won Liverpool's player of the season last year (not overly difficult I suppose), and Liverpool did have a good defensive record last season. He would be good back-up for Lescott and Kompany. £20 million sounds a bit excessive though, and I doubt we will end up paying that much for him.

As long as he's happy to be a squad player I think he would be a good buy.

Edwaardz said:
Train said:
LongsightM13 said:
Agger is made of glass.

Limited passing range? I take it you didn't watch Blackburn vs Liverpool.

just wanted to point about that. It's one of favorites for the pass of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.