Skrtel

Ok so let's assume we're in for him and he joins, who's leaving? Kolo, Savic or Boyata or all of them.

Mad 4 It said:
Ok so let's assume we're in for him and he joins, who's leaving? Kolo, Savic or Boyata or all of them.

I wouldn't miss any of them,with Richards and Rekik as back up to the main three,i think we'd be well covered with a healthier financial situation.

Savic needs to be loaned out somewhere he can be first choice and get battered every week. Way, way too early to give up on him and he could still become a fantastic CB. We threw him into some pretty hairy situations last season and I don't think it's fair to judge him too harshly on it.

Personally I think he'd be a great partner for Kompany, and would be very happy to see him here.

Mad 4 It said:

If we had Kompany, Lescott, Skirtel and Boyata as our centre backs in the 25 man squad then that would be great. 3 experienced players and then a very promising player to step in behind them when necessary.

I think Savic may have a future here, but he needs to be loaned out, preferably to another Premier League club. He will make mistakes, that's only to be expected, but we need to minimize the amount of those he makes here as obviously if he makes a mistake for us it could be a lot more costly. Although he might still face a battle on his hands to get in the team even after a loan spell due to the quality in front of him.

As for Kolo, I reckon he's on his way, so, to answer your question, 2 of the 3 you named I think will go.

[/quote]

Skrtel has limited passing range, is prone to the odd brainfade moment which is likely to be magnified on our team and is a pretty average tackler.

A CB that has good passing range and accuracy is what we need.[/quote]

That's because he's been at the hands of shite coaching for the past couple of years. Remember how bad Richards had been under Hughes? Mancini comes in and develops him into the best RB in the prem. Clichy never excelled at Arsenal, in fact a lot of gooners i know were laughing at us when we bought him, calling him inconsistent and error prone. The man has been solid for us this year, barely put a foot wrong and has been one of our best players. I'd be pleased to see Skrtel come to City, he's a very good CB at present and with Mancini alongside him, i think he could bring the best out in him.

adrianr said:
Savic needs to be loaned out somewhere he can be first choice and get battered every week. Way, way too early to give up on him and he could still become a fantastic CB. We threw him into some pretty hairy situations last season and I don't think it's fair to judge him too harshly on it.

Just a question, everyone assumes Savic would be happy to be loaned out. Are we sure of this? Personally, I think it would be better if he moved on permanently and the same goes for Boyata. The wages which could be freed up could actually be used on a player who will actually play for the team over the course of the season and improve the depth of the squad. We should be looking at a situation where loanees are certain to make it.

I think he's a very good centre back at present and like someone else said, if you put him in our back four with our style of play and Mancini's coaching ability it can only improve him as a player. Kompany is guaranteed a starting birth when fit becuase he's captain and the best defender probably in Europe right now alongside Silva at Milan but even so he is plagued with a knee injury and is ice packed after every single game, so the opportunity to rest him knowing we have Skrtel and Lescott would be perfect.

Boyata is a bloody good prospect as well, yeah he's made a few mistakes as all young players do but he clearly has more talent than Savic defensively and will go on to become a very good centre half whether it's with us or someone else. Savic I wrote off immediately but I suppose he deserves another chance but as much as positional awareness can be taught I think you need a good base and I personally don't think he has the brain to play in the Premiership.

Mad_fer_it said:
Skrtel has limited passing range, is prone to the odd brainfade moment which is likely to be magnified on our team and is a pretty average tackler.

A CB that has good passing range and accuracy is what we need.

That's because he's been at the hands of shite coaching for the past couple of years. Remember how bad Richards had been under Hughes? Mancini comes in and develops him into the best RB in the prem. Clichy never excelled at Arsenal, in fact a lot of gooners i know were laughing at us when we bought him, calling him inconsistent and error prone. The man has been solid for us this year, barely put a foot wrong and has been one of our best players. I'd be pleased to see Skrtel come to City, he's a very good CB at present and with Mancini alongside him, i think he could bring the best out in him.

Exactly, everything that Mancini touches turns to gold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.