sky - are we about to be docked six points?

Richard said:
Dubai Blue said:
Surely going into administration would just see them docked points, as they would continue to play for the rest of the season. It's only if they go completely bump that points gained against them will be discounted from the table.

Correct. I assume.

I hope so!

mancboy123 said:
Personally i cant see how that could possibly work without major challenges by clubs, it is not even remotely close to being a fair way to work things given that not everyone has played them twice and some lose nothing after being beaten by them and some stand to lose 6 points after having beaten them twice if they were to go bump there would have to be a fair and equitable way of deciding what happens and just docking everyone points isnt it!
There's no way the Premier League will let them not see the season through.

Portsmouth folding early would have a direct bearing on the outcome of the title race, the champions league places, and relegation. It would make the whole season a farce. Plus, the teams that have yet to play them a second time would then be given a free week's holiday at a crucial period in the season.

I don't know how the law stands on this, but I just can't see it being allowed to happen.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
"SKY sources" are reporting Porstmouth have had their cash offer rejected by the Inland Revenue.

If this is the case, and they got into admin, all results against them will be null and void.

Along with Manure, this will affect us the most and we would drop to about eighth? Liverpool will gain the most.

Didn't we just know there would be some way of fooking up our season.

It's been whispered for a few weeks, but it finally appears Portsmouth could be made an example of.

I thought you were an ITK TH, surely your contacts can't believe this?

BingoBango said:
Richard said:
Correct. I assume.

DB's right.

He is, but with the window closed, it would surely be a matter of days before the financial situation reaches the end for them.

The administrators can make savings, but the monies the club now needs can only be effectively raised by wholesale player sales - something they can't now do.

Nobody is going to but them in this state.

I do fear the worst. These are the Premier League rulings when it comes to a club going bump.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Pompey are hoping for 28 days adjournment but they are playng a dangerous game. I don't see why anyone would buy them now when you could buy them much cheaper if they go into administration.

Aren't people listening ? They are not going into admin they are being wound up. Effectively closed down for good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.