Sky Ref Watch - Dermot Gallagher

That is disgraceful. Nice to know he has zero tolerance if it's in the scousers favour but with us "whether he likes it or not..." its offside. What a ****. The two side by side, blue specs off, the Sheff Utd offside is further off than the Wolves one.

Does he mention the Van Dijk handball?

Also...

"I can assure you that at Stockley Park, their lines are absolutely precise and if they say he's offside, then he's offside."

If he told me it was sunny outside I'd take an umbrella.. bent ****s.

“if he’s off side he’s offside” shortly followed by “we don’t actually know the moment the ball is kicked”

It’s utterly ludicrous

This is what it's been for ages,everyone roots for whoever we play and feels sorry if we beat them,we are treated differently to everyone else
It has been, probably since we won the league in 2014, as then we were ‘Evil Money Bags City’ to opposition fans (no longer everyone’s plucky “second club”) and ‘Evil Disruptor of the Natural Order City’ to the league and cartel clubs (as we were showing up their cash cows United and Liverpool).

But this quick succession of drivel from Gallagher is a new sport-gaslighting (if they can make up concepts then so can we) tact being used by PGMOL, the league, a few broadcasters, and rival supporters recently. It’s a strategy of simultaneously ignoring our achievements, belittling them when they are referenced, and diminishing new ones as they are done, with no shame or attempt to obscure. But because so many want the drivel to be true, they just accept it as reality with no further thought. It is not isolated to sport, of course, but many in football have capitalised on this now being easily employed with nary a critical rebut outside of the afflicted group, who are summarily ignored as — quite ironically — bitter and partisan.

I won’t expound as to exactly where this came from, as this is not the Politics Thread, but I will say “Unwelcome to Manchester”.

That is disgraceful. Nice to know he has zero tolerance if it's in the scousers favour but with us "whether he likes it or not..." its offside. What a ****. The two side by side, blue specs off, the Sheff Utd offside is further off than the Wolves one.

Does he mention the Van Dijk handball?

Also...

"I can assure you that at Stockley Park, their lines are absolutely precise and if they say he's offside, then he's offside."

If he told me it was sunny outside I'd take an umbrella.. bent ****s.
Gallagher is an arrogant dickhead. It has been confirmed that there is a margin of error with offside calls because you can't identify exactly when the ball was played. It's why VAR is being used differently in the rest of the world and why English referees have now been instructed to change what they are doing. At what point do these turds lose their jobs. You can't be called offside by one millimetre because the equipment is not accurate enough to judge such small distances.

The bit I struggled with tonight was the goal chalked off for offside despite numerous chances to clear as the free kick was the start of the move then 5 mins later the VVD handball was too far back??[/QUOTE

If that was us ‘it doesn’t matter how far back the foul is. They’ve gained an advantage that has led to a goal and this is exactly why VAR was brought in, so we can’t argue about it now, it’s what all clubs signed up for. Got it spot on’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.