Sky report - England v Italy chaos

On the day of the European Championship final, I woke up and thought "Quality, England in a final tonight."

On the day of the Champions League final, I woke up feeling sick with nerves.

Don't get me wrong, we had some friends round for a bbq, a lot of drinks and I was playing old World Cup songs before the match but the feeling was nowhere near how I feel for City.
The same. I wanted England to win but was detached about it somehow. In the days of Rooney, Wio and the like I was the same but also hated the thought of those arseholes being talked of in the same breath as Moore, Peters etc should they actually win something.

You’re not any different to anyone in the country really. Anyone who supports a club is naturally club-before-country. It’s just common sense to think that the club you live and breathe from week-to-week is more important to you than the national team who only play in tournaments every two years.

However, as much as City winning the league, that first FA Cup after 35 years, or if we ever win the Champions League, means more to me than anything England (as it would most people who support any clubs); a World Cup final or European Championships final is ten times bigger than the biggest club game. Frank Lampard said the same thing on the BBC before the final last week “I’ve played in big games, Champions League finals, but this feels like something else, it’s on another level altogether.”

So I can see where that crazy rush to get in came from and I can see why the fans inside took exception to those breaking in.

That 2011 Wembley FA Cup semi against the Rags was fucking rife with City fans jibbing in at the turnstiles. We had four lads on our coach who had no tickets but who got in. It was fucking heaving with Blues in our end that day, there were far more than however many tickets we were given!

I’ve also seen footage of people breaking through barriers and going fucking bananas to get into Michael Jackson and The Beatles concerts, or even just to catch a glimpse of them. Christ, one man was so obsessed with John Lennon he assassinated him!
Your post got very dark at the end. I agree to win the World Cup is massive but to me and probably you and most City fans winning the Champions league would be more important.

Genuinely after watching sky’s report I felt sick to the stomach,society is crumbling it’s getting out of control . Look at the way the country’s behaved during lock-down so much Self entitlement . I have two daughters one aged 14 one aged 10 unfortunately after watching that with me they want no part in football.seriously!!
For me personally that’s a shame beyond words I’ve got a job on now to try and make them come round. Anyone who took part in that should get a five stretch. We have become the dregs of Europe. I fear for what society my children will be brought up into.Never thought I’d say this but if we had the cash we’d be gone from these shores That’s how I feel about where this once great country is going.

Genuinely after watching sky’s report I felt sick to the stomach,society is crumbling it’s getting out of control . Look at the way the country’s behaved during lock-down so much Self entitlement . I have two daughters one aged 14 one aged 10 unfortunately after watching that with me they want no part in football.seriously!!
For me personally that’s a shame beyond words I’ve got a job on now to try and make them come round. Anyone who took part in that should get a five stretch. We have become the dregs of Europe. I fear for what society my children will be brought up into.Never thought I’d say this but if we had the cash we’d be gone from these shores That’s how I feel about where this once great country is going.
Looking on the bright side, you are obviously bringing your girls up to be decent human beings if they are already making decisions like that for themselves, credit to you for that.

When low level crime is tolerated then this is what happens, there was a perfect storm of piss poor stewarding and policing and the media frothing people into a frenzy about the game.

I mean. we live in a society where people would rip you off for toilet roll and pasta when the shit hits the fan.

Move England games further North, for me London is becoming more and more selfish, even more so than the rest of the country.

And people still wonder why we're widely despised across Europe (and beyond). The stick I got on that monday morning about the trouble in London that day was sizeable. Along the lines of "why can't you England fans enjoy yourselves without feeling you've got to fight everyone"? I tried pointing out that it's a minority, and that a lot of countries have problems with hooligans. But scenes like that, and the lunatics in Central London earlier in the afternoon are not pleasant to me look at. We had precious little chance of landing the 2030 World Cup anyway, but I'd say you can kiss goodbye to it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.