Sky Sports Football VARwashing Of City

Dear Mr Lineker,

I gather that you have forgotten Manchester City’s title winning season of 2011-12 which was won on goal difference over their cross city rivals?
I would like to remind you that during the season City beat their rivals 6-1 away from home. Had that result been only 2-1 in City’s favour the two teams would have ended up with exactly the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored.

I’m sure that you will agree that one goal can make all the difference.
To be fair to Lineker he is just exasperated by VAR, he’s a constant critic on MOTD and tweets. I think mist of us felt the same yesterday, we won and were relived VAR had not cost us points as it did in the Spuds game.

At the end of the first half there was 2 minutes stoppage time but the referee did not blow the whistle for half time until at least 2.24 with chelsea on the attack and he only blew the whistle when the ball went out of play. I know the 2 mins is supposed to be a minimum of stoppage time but often in champions league game the refs blow the whistle before even the minimum time has elapsed. After Sterlings goal was disallowed, Chelsea attacked and fortunately lost possession and the game ended. But the point is that by disallowing goal it gave Chelsea one last opportunity to equalise, and the referee could have played on beyond the 4 minutes stoppage time until Chelsea had a shot. Seems to me that VAR is being used as another opportunity to change the results of games.
2mins was plain wrong for 1st half added time. 30secs is supposedly added on for each goal and there were various other hold ups that accounted for at least another 90 secs.

Whoever the fuck is in charge of adding time on simply can’t add up, they get it wrong every week the incompetent fuckers

2mins was plain wrong for 1st half added time. 30secs is supposedly added on for each goal and there were various other hold ups that accounted for at least another 90 secs.

Whoever the fuck is in charge of adding time on simply can’t add up, they get it wrong every week the incompetent fuckers
That’s the referee

He's wrong then. Goal difference could mean losing a title or relegation for teams at the bottom end.
Or a lot of money if you had a ton on a 3 - 1 win, Gary doesn't give a f**K now the foxes are 2nd, he'll be smug sod all season or until they fall from grace.

To be fair to Lineker he is just exasperated by VAR, he’s a constant critic on MOTD and tweets. I think mist of us felt the same yesterday, we won and were relived VAR had not cost us points as it did in the Spuds game.
If it comes down to goal difference it would have cost us and the other one

I think the reason they didn't talk about it on MOTD is also to do with the fact they have only so long to talk about each match and there were other things that were more interesting to talk about that took priority, like Fernandinho playing well.

I understand the grievances here and whatnot, but as someone who's getting a bit tired of VAR talk it's a refreshing change that something other than a single incident in a 90 minute match can be spoken about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.