Sky Sports

Blue Punter said:
Pigeonho said:
Blue Punter said:
I don't remember that particular campaign, but I do recall the RIIAC thread. Do either of you think that contributed (straw - camels - back) to him being turfed by Talkshite? Being exposed as a bullshitter (as he was on here) isn't great for career prospects.

It's common knowledge that Lawrenson was given a reduced role on MOTD. The dinosaurs at the BBC have belatedly realised the importance of social media and forums. I don't know if Tyler & Quinn are aware of the stick they get on here. As someone elected into our hall of fame, you'd imagine Quinn wouldn't be too happy. At the very least he should redress some of the shite spouted by Tyler. E.g. At 1-0 down v CSKA after 20 mins of Match 3:

As for the dig at the bloke who cancelled, is there any need? I know a few people who regularly phone SKY and threaten to cancel. They bend over backwards to accommodate them with reductions, extra boxes etc. Which doesn't really tie in with them not giving a shit about losing individual customers.
If someone has evidence to the contrary then fair enough, but I wouldn't have thought that talk sport got rid of one of its hosts on the say so of a few folk on a random man city forum.

I don't listen to TS, but read the RIIAC thread on here. Apparently some of the other TS presenters were openly making reference to it. Generally taking the piss with subtle digs about his bullshit. When that thread was at its height was when he was suddenly without warning binned off.

I did mention "straw - camel - back" and I think you're being either mischeivous or naive if you think it had no bearing on his demise. TS thrive on listener interaction. It's the lifeblood of their station. Why would they carry on employing someone who was outed as being a consistent bullshitter? It's hardly going to enhance their reputation or credibility with advertisers.

The comments on "Radio Today" completely reinforce that.
<a class="postlink" href="http://radiotoday.co.uk/2013/05/ronnie-irani-leaves-talksport-breakfast/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://radiotoday.co.uk/2013/05/ronnie- ... breakfast/</a>
Start an nqiac thread then.

Pigeonho said:
Blue Punter said:
Pigeonho said:
If someone has evidence to the contrary then fair enough, but I wouldn't have thought that talk sport got rid of one of its hosts on the say so of a few folk on a random man city forum.

I don't listen to TS, but read the RIIAC thread on here. Apparently some of the other TS presenters were openly making reference to it. Generally taking the piss with subtle digs about his bullshit. When that thread was at its height was when he was suddenly without warning binned off.

I did mention "straw - camel - back" and I think you're being either mischeivous or naive if you think it had no bearing on his demise. TS thrive on listener interaction. It's the lifeblood of their station. Why would they carry on employing someone who was outed as being a consistent bullshitter? It's hardly going to enhance their reputation or credibility with advertisers.

The comments on "Radio Today" completely reinforce that.
<a class="postlink" href="http://radiotoday.co.uk/2013/05/ronnie-irani-leaves-talksport-breakfast/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://radiotoday.co.uk/2013/05/ronnie- ... breakfast/</a>
Start an nqiac thread then.

As you know, already one (Hall of Fame) up and running.

Somewhere down the line NQ will be made aware of it and hopefully he might reflect on how he's viewed as a pundit by a lot of fans. As I said earlier, correcting some of the bollocks regularly spouted by Martin Tyler would be a good start. Failing that, get rid and bring Hinchcliffe or Walsh in. Both on a different level to NQ, who I actually think is more dense than malicious.

Two of the 4 sky sports pundits just said that they think City will go furthest in chsmps league. One said Utd and one Chelsea

grahamgor said:
We shouldn't allow the achievement in Munich to be tarnished by twerps like Tyler, Quinn and Stelling talking trash like '' bayern took their foot off the pedal''. The plain fact is that we faced Bayern down and exposed that overrated pair of centre-backs , dante and boateng. Ribery, as sneaky as he is skilful, found out he couldn't intimidate Zaba .Kolarov stood up to the plate in real skipper style with the pen and you could go right through the team with men who, with the obvious exception of David Silva , would not get in the Bayern team in terms of skill but whose teamwork, concentration and determination overthrew the so-called ' wonderteam' in their own back yard.
Now about the issue of rules/ miscalculation, the Skysters were within their rights to raise it but their overkill reflected the Sly Sports obsession with causing controversy for the sake of it.And their pundits are preoccupied with short-term tactical issues. Unlike Manuel Pellegrini, they don't grasp the importance of sports psychology and , unlike him, they have no long-term strategic overview.
MP went to Munich with two main aims in mind. The first was so obvious that even Hoddle could grasp it-preserve the key players for the vital clash with Arsenal, the main threat to our title hopes. the second was to inflict defeat on Bayern REGARDLESS OF THE MARGIN, and, in so doing, convince the squad they need fear no team. He succeeded . The players know in their hearts now they can go anywhere- the bernabeu, the nou camp -or, for that matter-the king power stadium , with total self-belief.
. Superb analysis

I prefer to listen to the opinions of Guardiola and Ancelotti who have both come out publicly recently to say we are a very strong team (before last night's triumphant win). These are two of the most highly regarded coaches in world football today. The respect their words reflect on City far outweigh any schoolboy rants from Stelling, Hoddle and all their Sky cohorts.

To be honest I don't think we would have beaten Bayern had it have been the first game in the Group and everything at stake.

Still a great result, but Bayern are a significantly stronger outfit and we were helped by the circumstances.

I'd ignore what the pundits say. MCFC are not a popular club for the media for the same reasons that MUFC get a good press (generally)

stan bowles said:
I prefer to listen to the opinions of Guardiola and Ancelotti who have both come out publicly recently to say we are a very strong team (before last night's triumphant win). These are two of the most highly regarded coaches in world football today. The respect their words reflect on City far outweigh any schoolboy rants from Stelling, Hoddle and all their Sky cohorts.
Er.....

ade_akhtar said:
Two of the 4 sky sports pundits just said that they think City will go furthest in chsmps league. One said Utd and one Chelsea

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.