Sky v Now TV

If anyone is interested, Sky Sports is available for £25 a month for the next four months on NowTV.

Ok, cheers mate - looks like I need a new telly - or phone!
If you've got a Windows 10 laptop, then the BT Sports mobile app works on there and can be connected to the TV by hdmi lead - I pay £5 a month via EE. Same with Sky Sports, although this is because I subscribe to the TV packages and get Sky Go, it may be different with the Sky Mobile app.

There are some types of hdmi leads and adapters that connect mobile phones to the telly (search for MHL or SlimPort) but some devices/TVs work, some don't. I bought a new TV recently and while I can cast my phone to it, if trying to do it when using the BT Sport app, it fails, because they can block it.

If you've got a Windows 10 laptop, then the BT Sports mobile app works on there and can be connected by hdmi lead - I pay £5 a month via EE. Same with Sky Sports, although this is because I subscribe to the TV packages and get Sky Go, it may be different with the Sky Mobile app.

There are some types of hdmi leads and adapters that connect mobile phones to the telly (search for MHL or SlimPort) but some devices/TVs work, some don't. I bought a new TV recently and while I can cast my phone to it, if trying to do it when using the BT Sport app, it fails, because they can block it.

Thanks for that reply, appreciated. I have been able to connect up the laptop to the tv via an HDMI cable in the past, so I suppose that is still an option, but connecting the iPhone direct to the tv with a cable is something I haven’t looked into - didn’t think it was possible, but will look for the cables you’ve suggested

I'm presuming y'all know Sky and NowTV are the same company??

yE8nosg.gif

If you've got a Windows 10 laptop, then the BT Sports mobile app works on there and can be connected to the TV by hdmi lead - I pay £5 a month via EE. Same with Sky Sports, although this is because I subscribe to the TV packages and get Sky Go, it may be different with the Sky Mobile app.

I cast BT sport from an ipad to a Sony smart tv with no problems so it may be the equipment rather than BT.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.