Slippy and Dangerous flooring at the stadium.

Did they actually do any snagging on the new stand?, to me it looks very unfinished and rushed and a pretty poor job in many respects internally.

Did they actually do any snagging on the new stand?, to me it looks very unfinished and rushed and a pretty poor job in many respects internally.

I agree.

Take a closer look on the concourses, stairs, toilets, ;-) and in general, and it's more than obvious it was a rush job, with average to poor finishing in parts.

Can't believe City would accept that after what looks like a well finished job on the CFA and bridge.

It's now 5 months since the extended stand was opened, and the same poor finishes are still visible.

I slipped over at the entrance to the South Stand 3rd tier loos at the Southampton game. Really painful and had to be helped up. My elbow still hurts over 2 weeks later. I contacted the club and have been told that it complies to health & safety but they would continue to monitor it.
In my mind it's really dangerous. I'd slipped once before and that was without the water, but with the rain it is like an ice rink.

My slip occurred on the way to the exit on level 1 so it appears the problem exists in all areas of the ground. Whichever 'Health and safety' inspector signed that off needs to resign! It was obviously a red hot day in June with not a spot of water on it. You are right it actually feels a little slippery when dry but with liquid on it it becomes lethal. So with obvious signs of people falling all around them and accident reports and injuries piling up they will continue to 'Monitor it'....you couldn't make it up! If someone dies,which with the worst of winter still to come is a possibility,what will they say then? ''We were aware there was a problem but we were monitoring it.'' Shameful response!

I slipped over at the entrance to the South Stand 3rd tier loos at the Southampton game. Really painful and had to be helped up. My elbow still hurts over 2 weeks later. I contacted the club and have been told that it complies to health & safety but they would continue to monitor it.
In my mind it's really dangerous. I'd slipped once before and that was without the water, but with the rain it is like an ice rink.

About the same place I slipped.

City circle thingy on the floor is bad news aswell when its wet,i nearly went on my arse and my lads grandad slipped against borussia

well i got an email saying they were looking into it.

Thank you for your email.

The Club takes the safety of its supporters very seriously and we are now investigating the issues you have raised.

We will be in touch in due course.

Kind regards

Rianne

Supporter Services

well i got an email saying they were looking into it.

Thank you for your email.

The Club takes the safety of its supporters very seriously and we are now investigating the issues you have raised.

We will be in touch in due course.

Kind regards

Rianne

Supporter Services
Exactly the response I got.
I think the MUEN will be getting on to this shortly, because them twats won't pass up a chance to slag us off!

Exactly the response I got.
I think the MUEN will be getting on to this shortly, because them twats won't pass up a chance to slag us off!

To be honest the club deserves a slagging off in this respect, to construct a new stand and leave it internally looking as shabby and dangerous as it is 4 months into the season is strange to say the least.

It's the same in NSL2. Incredibly slippery when wet. Not seen anyone fall and hopefully I don't but to paint the floor in what appears to be high gloss seems odd though. There's certainly better suited products out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.