Slovan Bratislava (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Aside from one attack in the first couple of minutes we were never really threatened. A few more goals would have been nice but our finishing is at times woeful.
Good to see Foden looking a bit more like himself, his goal.was very well taken. The rest of his shooting not so good!
Pleased for McAtee, good control for his goal.

My stream must have cut out them as i only saw the 1v1 the keeper saved other than the goal as chances for him. Glad he got some service!
Missed the target from six yards in the first five minutes
The 1 v 1 when he hit it straight at the keeper
And a really poor header when he got in front of the defender

I had Ars on one laptop and our game on the other one. I really focused on Rico whom I find fascinating to watch where and how he plays, otherwise it was like watching a night shift at Amazon distribution center.

That is Pep all over. ‘I have more confidence in him than sometimes he does’

I had Ars on one laptop and our game on the other one. I really focused on Rico whom I find fascinating to watch where and how he plays, otherwise it was like watching a night shift at Amazon distribution center.

Sorry pal I don’t get this. I couldn’t give two fucks what the tarquins do when we are playing. If I was you tutor I would say ‘must try harder’

Where to start?
Now I'm the last person to start feeling entitled, and I loathe it when fans do, but I simply can't imagine that anyone can be fully happy with that performance or result.
Above all, that performance.
That absolutely should have been 7- or 8-0. Absolutely, and at a canter. We started quite well, lively and sharp, as if we believed we were playing a reasonably respectable mid-table PL team, and then the dismaying thing was how, as the match wore on, we started drifting down towards their level. Not at their level, of course. Because they were bad. Seriously bad. I wasn't fully aware of it in the first half. Then the number of their passes going astray, or just going out (not difficult ones, either) started to really hit me.
Our finishing was, simply, dire. And I'll say it: from about the fiftieth minute, our play from midfield started to look so stereotyped, so lacking in spark of invention or creativity. That is, I think, the thing that worries me most.
Invidious, probably, to pick out individual performances, but I'll mention two. Was pleased for Gundo's (deflected) goal, and I thought to myself, “Good, he'll kick on from that”. He didn't. He just isn't on it. Doku had a decent first half. His second half was dogshit. There's no other way of describing it. And I've defended Doku, and said I've rated him. Astonishing that Pep kept him on till the end.

It’s gone from 32 teams to 36. It’s very unlikely they would have qualified. They are a lower league 1 side at best. It’s ridiculous they are in this competition imo. Tonight was a real bore fest
There are 36 teams in this format which is 8 weeks of 18 games totalling 144 games.

The old league format was 12 matches per each of the 8 leagues totalling 96 matches.

So a 50% increase in television revenue for the greedy fuckers at UEFA.

I wonder what their next version of the so called “Champions” league will be?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.