Slovan Bratislava (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Really struggling to get my head around this new Champions League format. I don't really understand it....it is great that people got minutes that needed them but apart from that, I don't really understand the point of today's game and looking at the other results too...That game should have been 5 nil by half time and it was only because people naturally take their foot off the pedal when it is easy and thought it was a crossbar challenge. There was a moment early 2nd half where Rico took a shot and not one of the 4 defenders tried to put their body in the way or even reacted.
Nothing to do with the format, could have drawn them in a group and would now be playing them at home as well Anyhow let’s give it a chance

Stroll in the park, quite staggering we only scored 4. Good to see Phil on the scoresheet and he is looking more like his old self. Also pleased for McAtee who took his goal very well. Comfortable evening, clean sheet and no injuries... happy days.

Did we learn much playing from that about Savinho and Doku as attackers on their ‘natural’ flanks? Doku certainly seemed to have the lion’s share of the ball tonight, but that could have had as much to do with Lewis.Foden linking on that side. Still fee that they both look more threatening when Doku is on the left and Savinho on the right.
Middle of the pitch had less bodies and more space at least, but they need to work on the crossing (everyone seems to need more classes)

I don't venture into the matchday thread anymore! Was it a place of calm and reasoned debate!? Lol. Anyway got the win so all is good and the rags are still shite. CTWD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.