Slovan Bratislava (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

If you think it’s an easy group and easy top 8 that’s fantastic for you. I think we are a brilliant team, but I am not arrogant or complacent enough to think top 8 (with the fixtures we have and how many top teams are after top 8) is anything other than difficult. That’s all I said and all I still say. If we got top 8 with these fixtures and those in contention (many with easier fixtures) we will have done brilliantly
at no point did i say it was an easy group, in fact if you read what i put i said of course they will be tough games but what i also said that it will be every bit as tough for juve, sporting and psg as it will be for us and we should respect the team and what they can do is all.

What it is now is everyone can play in it and the dead rubbers are awful, the elite competition should just be for the elite teams that win their respective leagues IMO but it isn't going to happen because money talks.

This seeding and coefficient nonsense has got to end too, if they are going to stick with the format the way it is (They wont because some idiot will change the format again just because they can) they need to stop giving "Bigger" leagues more teams giving those countries a better chance of winning the competition.
But when you have Liverpool, ManUre, Arsenal, Chelsea & Spuds with such financial might & pulling power with UEFA, I can't see those turkeys voting for Christmas any time soon.

I honestly don't know what the solution is. You can't force people to attend games & watch matches they've little interest in. This situation also harks back to the origins of FFP & the idea of the Super League.

It slips my mind who said it now, but over 10 years ago one of the top European football executives stated FFP was created to defend the financial integrity of European football, because if it wasn't there, God forbid there could be a Champions League final between Manchester City & Red Bull Saltzburg, merely because they could outspend everyone else.

Like I said, it's what's fair vs commercial reality, & I really can't think of a way to bridge that divide.

It is genuinely frightening how little respect our own fans have for our team and its achievements, we won this competition 2 years ago and were knocked out last year on pens by the eventual winners who put in the biggest shithouse performance you have ever seen up until the arsenal game and all of a sudden now we think we can go to sporting, juve and psg and get a results? Of course they will be tough games but my god it will be just as tough for them honestly its like people think we have forgotten how to play football and how to be a team.

We continuously complain about the press and how they are disrespectful to us and belittle our achievements when some of our fans are just as bad if not worse.
Spot on. Some of the stuff I see, both in the match and post match threads are baffling. Have people forgotten the mentality that Pep has brought to the playing side of the club? The amount of irretrievable situations that we've, er, retrieved. Look at last season;without De Bruyne for half the campaign and Haaland for, what 6-8 weeks. And we still won the league. If we hadn't turned up pissed, we'd have won the FA Cup as well. And we went out of the CL on penalties to the eventual winner. Are there some potentially tricky fixtures in the CL before Christmas? Yes of course there are. Stevie Wonder can see that. But you know what? We're none too shabby a side either. None of the 6 remaining fixtures terrify me. As I've said countless times; go into every game respecting the opposition, but not fearing them. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of those opposing players not looking forward to coming up against us.

at no point did i say it was an easy group, in fact if you read what i put i said of course they will be tough games but what i also said that it will be every bit as tough for juve, sporting and psg as it will be for us and we should respect the team and what they can do is all.
No you said “it’s genuinely frightening how little respect our fans have for our fans and our achievements”, that’s what you said in direct response to my post. There was NOTHING in my post that could lead you to that conclusion, so stop being a prick and posting shit

No you said “it’s genuinely frightening how little respect our fans have for our fans and our achievements”, that’s what you said in direct response to my post. There was NOTHING in my post that could lead you to that conclusion, so stop being a prick and posting shit
and exactly what shit did i post but thanks for your input and insults

Don't get the negativity around last night. Could have easily won about 10-0 all things considered. A bit rusty in places, just as certain players like Foden, Gundogan, Doku, Savinho, and Nunes tried to play themselves into form, but we were still utterly dominant. We gave much-needed rests to Ederson, Walker, Dias, De Bruyne, Bernardo, and Grealish, extended that unbeaten run in Europe, and Foden, McAtee, and Gundogan got their seasons going.

It could have been tighter in places but I do genuinely think the players were a bit dumbfounded by how amateurish Slovan's defending was at points. They weren't even holding position. We were trying really tight one-touch stuff on the edge of the area that we'd never usually go for, I guess because we were just that relaxed. Sometimes it came off (McAtee goal), sometimes it didn't. But overall it's a piss-easy win away in Europe; can't complain.

Read my post and your response to it and you might understand it
i understand your little tantrum to me not agreeing with you perfectly so ive no need to go back and re read it, at no point did i say it was an easy group i actually said they were tough games if you go back and re read it and if you do the point i was making was that while all games are tough we should not be disrespectful of how good we are and have been and that those teams will not want to face us as much as we dont them, so yes i understand your insults and strop and why but its okay mate you dont have to throw your toys and insult people just because they disagree with you, its just as easy to put together a cogent disagreement but like i say i will take your fantastic points and insults on board.

i understand your little tantrum to me not agreeing with you perfectly so ive no need to go back and re read it, at no point did i say it was an easy group i actually said they were tough games if you go back and re read it and if you do the point i was making was that while all games are tough we should not be disrespectful of how good we are and have been and that those teams will not want to face us as much as we dont them, so yes i understand your insults and strop and why but its okay mate you dont have to throw your toys and insult people just because they disagree with you, its just as easy to put together a cogent disagreement but like i say i will take your fantastic points and insults on board.
I told you what you said, re-read your first sentence to my original post. You completely misrepresented what I said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.