Slovan Bratislava (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

It was obviously a party for the Slovakian fans, but apart from giving Phil, Ortega, Nunez and McAtee game time, what do games like this do for football? It would be better if there was a league format for the top teams with promotion/ relegation for weaker European teams. Oops, just re-invented the ESL…….

It was obviously a party for the Slovakian fans, but apart from giving Phil, Ortega, Nunez and McAtee game time, what do games like this do for football? It would be better if there was a league format for the top teams with promotion/ relegation for weaker European teams. Oops, just re-invented the ESL…….
I kind of agree. But actually I also quite liked watching a game where we could attack at will and not have two banks of five players just trying to stifle our team. Which I have to say has become a little bit boring to watch at times. Even if I did scream out loud when Johnny stones did finally get the equaliser against boring boring Arsenal. It was a very odd game yesterday and I found I had to keep stopping myself getting greedy and expecting us to score every time we attacked. But as the chant goes, it should’ve been 10!

i understand your little tantrum to me not agreeing with you perfectly so ive no need to go back and re read it, at no point did i say it was an easy group i actually said they were tough games if you go back and re read it and if you do the point i was making was that while all games are tough we should not be disrespectful of how good we are and have been and that those teams will not want to face us as much as we dont them, so yes i understand your insults and strop and why but its okay mate you dont have to throw your toys and insult people just because they disagree with you, its just as easy to put together a cogent disagreement but like i say i will take your fantastic points and insults on board.
Ouch!

OK. I didn't hear it on the TNT feed though despite them mentioning several times that Weiss was ex-City and won the Youth Cup.
I don't remember hearing it during the commentary but they did mention it when the teams were shown just before the match started. They said about Weiss and about Mak being from ex-City.
I loved the pictures of Pep talking to Weiss.

I don't remember hearing it during the commentary but they did mention it when the teams were shown just before the match started. They said about Weiss and about Mak being from ex-City.
I loved the pictures of Pep talking to Weiss.
Fair enough Eccles. I only switch matches on in time for the kick off so missed it. I just found it odd that they mentioned the Weiss connection several times including when he was subbed but not the Mak connection when he came on.

Fair enough Eccles. I only switch matches on in time for the kick off so missed it. I just found it odd that they mentioned the Weiss connection several times including when he was subbed but not the Mak connection when he came on.
Oh I agree it was weird that they didn’t mention it again. Especially as they said such a lot about Weiss. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.