Slow process on Blue Moon

The team were playing so badly they crashed the site?
Sometimes after a bad result you get a spike in traffic which slows the site down briefly. Not really seen it happen at half-time before, but I guess the late, unexpected nature of their goal was to blame.

Can you turn on guests only at these times. Most of the extra people are rags and dippers having a laugh
It’s not straightforward unfortunately. There’s no way of automating it, and if I’m at the game myself it’s virtually impossible. Defeats are still thankfully fairly infrequent, but understand how frustrating it can be. It usually only lasts for a few minutes, but am looking at ways we can handle these traffic spikes better.

There is definitely something strange going on the forum and I suspect it's related to ads and maybe only affecting Chrome. I have bluemoon open in a single Chrome tab and I'm seeing 6-8gb of RAM being used in addition to something like 20% cpu constantly churning. When this is occurring I usually can't even reply to posts. It won't let me type!

There is definitely something strange going on the forum and I suspect it's related to ads and maybe only affecting Chrome. I have bluemoon open in a single Chrome tab and I'm seeing 6-8gb of RAM being used in addition to something like 20% cpu constantly churning. When this is occurring I usually can't even reply to posts. It won't let me type!

Same happening in MS Edge, mate. Big spikes in CPU and memory usage with only Bluemoon open. Only started last couple of weeks.

Same happening in MS Edge, mate. Big spikes in CPU and memory usage with only Bluemoon open. Only started last couple of weeks.
Actually that probably makes sense as I think Edge is based off of Chromium, so both browsers are fairly similar. I just downloaded Firefox and it does not seem to be affected as much.

Actually that probably makes sense as I think Edge is based off of Chromium, so both browsers are fairly similar. I just downloaded Firefox and it does not seem to be affected as much.
I was using Brave which of course is Chromium based but am currently trying Opera (also Chromium based). I've allowed Ads and Acceptable Ads (which includes the Betway one right now) but excluded trackers. There are 44 trackers blocked right now, is that over the top or typical?

It’s a nightmare to navigate at times, but I’m on Safari browser on Apple. The page refreshes regularly and sometimes just loads half a page before freezing. Sometimes the whole page crashes and I get the page load error. Probably happened a dozen times today alone. Definitely seems like scripts are running, triggered by ads loading. Been like this for a few months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.