Smallest City Away Support you've ever been in

deafmanstevo said:
The smallest away derby support was in 1992 , they were developing old trafford and there was a 35,000 plus capacity there. i think there was about 400-500 blues there. we lost 2-1 it was a strange day .

There was exactly 200 there officially. Obviously loads more in their end.

Three of us walked up to Maine Road on a Friday night, the day before tickets went on sale. They were handing raffle tickets out to the first 100 that got there and you could buy two tickets each.

We got there about 5pm and me and my mate got numbers 97 & 98. The other lad with us had stopped in the shop and when he came out, we were shouting to him to leg it. He just looked puzzled and carried on strolling along. Two other lads beat him to it and the stewards fucked him off, saying that was it.

Was at the Derby match when officially there were no blues when Scholes scored after a few minutes. Quite a few blues around us and although the rags were their usual obnoxious way we had no bother. Also in their end when we lost 2-1, bit of bother with blues in the paddock in front of our seats. Also at Luton when away fans were banned and I think they were shocked about how many blues actually got in, I reckon near to a 1,000 all over the ground but my memory isn't what it used to be. Also went tomost of the FMC away games and followings weren't great understandably.

Eds said:
Was at the Derby match when officially there were no blues when Scholes scored after a few minutes. Quite a few blues around us and although the rags were their usual obnoxious way we had no bother. Also in their end when we lost 2-1, bit of bother with blues in the paddock in front of our seats. Also at Luton when away fans were banned and I think they were shocked about how many blues actually got in, I reckon near to a 1,000 all over the ground but my memory isn't what it used to be. Also went tomost of the FMC away games and followings weren't great understandably.

Did we play Luton twice when away fans were banned?

The only one I remember was 1-1 and Clive Allen equalised from a penalty. I remember it so clearly because on the end of year video, three of us were right in shot behind the goal celebrating. Like you say though, there was loads of blues there. We had a whole section in the top corner from the end we scored. Presumably players tickets etc. We walked up to the ticket office and as Luton fans were buying tickets, City fans were giving them money to get an extra one. The majority were happy to do it.

Other people have talked about there been hardly any City fans there and Redmond scoring. I don't remember this.

tidyman said:
Eds said:

Did we play Luton twice when away fans were banned?

The only one I remember was 1-1 and Clive Allen equalised from a penalty. I remember it so clearly because on the end of year video, three of us were right in shot behind the goal celebrating. Like you say though, there was loads of blues there. We had a whole section in the top corner from the end we scored. Presumably players tickets etc. We walked up to the ticket office and as Luton fans were buying tickets, City fans were giving them money to get an extra one. The majority were happy to do it.

Other people have talked about there been hardly any City fans there and Redmond scoring. I don't remember this.

We mentioned this earlier in the thread. I went to Luton once, I'd say it was 1990 or maybe 91. There were loads of blues there. The pub had hundreds in singing before the game. It was easy to get tickets as you say, you just had to find a Luton fan who'd get you one for a few quid. I gave one a little piece of hash and that did the trick. I was with a group of Blues in the terrace behind the goal. I remember a big group singing in the seats up the side at one point.

Can't remember who scored but it was 1-1.

TThis is the one I was at. IT was actually 2-2. 19/11/90

You can see absolutely loads of Blues go up when we score:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDcY7ulmg78[/youtube]

Didsbury Dave said:
TThis is the one I was at. IT was actually 2-2. 19/11/90

You can see absolutely loads of Blues go up when we score:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDcY7ulmg78[/youtube]

I remember that one but unless I've completely lost my marbles ( which can't be ruled out) there was definitely a 1-1 with Clive Allen equalising.

Unless we were just in their end for a laugh that day and we weren't actually banned?

March 1990, Tidyman: There you go. Nice close ups of blues cheering when we score, but there looks to be less that the one the following season:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvPuM1G4m0M[/youtube]

Didsbury Dave said:
March 1990, Tidyman: There you go. Nice close ups of blues cheering when we score, but there looks to be less that the one the following season:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvPuM1G4m0M[/youtube]

That's the one. Thanks for that Dave.

There's a rather handsome, slim gentleman celebrating on the front row that looks familiar.

Liverpool away 1981, we played them after the fa cup final. It was predicted that 10000 would turn up at anfield if we win the cup. Anyway we lost and about 60 turned up, off course we got a great reception off those lovely scouser' s, showing off their knife, telling us we were dead outside, the usual scouse banter. Getting back to lime street was like the warriors getting across new york. Their was 15 of us from Rusholme and we all got a hiding. Luckily no one got slashed, but black eyes fat lips and bloody noses were the souvenirs we took back to Manchester! The good old days?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.