Smart gas meters?

What’s Avro’s daily standing charge?
The standing charge is 15.75p a day but the unit rate I originally quoted is actually cheaper mate at 14.75p a kilowatt. Simple and SuperPrime Tariffs below. Been with them for a few years and hard to beat, customer service is good too.

Electric Standing Charge15.75p per day
Electric Unit Rate14.75p per kWh

Gas Standing Charge15.75p per day
Gas Unit Rate2.47p per kWh

All rates include VAT at 5%

Last edited:
If they are offering to fit a Smart Meter to read your meter automatically for you, I would recommend it.

We had a smart gas and electricity meter fitted in February and you can see how much energy you use per hour/day/week etc. It's helped us to see how much we were using. We then did some sensible things (basically turning things off when not in use) and managed to save a few quid on the bills.
Can see that working for your leccy but how would you save on gas useage? It's not like you can have the gas on without noticing is it?

If they are offering to fit a Smart Meter to read your meter automatically for you, I would recommend it.

We had a smart gas and electricity meter fitted in February and you can see how much energy you use per hour/day/week etc. It's helped us to see how much we were using. We then did some sensible things (basically turning things off when not in use) and managed to save a few quid on the bills.
Can see that working for your leccy but how would you save on gas useage? It's not like you can have the gas on without noticing is it?
We had one fitted around four years ago and then as we do every year changed supplier for better tariffs. The new supplier couldn't remotely access this new meter as it was geared to the old supplier.

Our new supplier Avro who are the top bollocks of suppliers only ask we submit meter live readings monthly. Cheap rates and an on board dashboard to handle the account although they are more than happy to take calls.

Well done Avro in a proverbial sea of dinosoric soup. Only 15.5 p for each kilowatt of deliriously delicious elecktrickery. Their gas is for absolute pennies too!
Octopus.

I use Octopus Go and you need a smart meter to access it. They are the cheapest for charging an EV ‘out of hours’.
25p pd
5p off peak
13.45 other times.

We now use our appliances on a timer, washing machine, dishwasher and tumble dryer to get full use out of the ‘cheap’ hours.

Its spys on you get the fuck out of here , all it knows is how much you have used and when . They only need to look at your social media to know what most people are up to and their phone GPS to know where and when they went

After the Hotpoint and Beko fire scandals I wouldn’t do any laundry when we were all asleep.

We don't really use much gas to be honest, were mainly electric.

Like I said though, you can see your usage and cost in "real time" so you know what it will cost. When certains appliances etc are on you can see the cost going up. It just acts as a "nudge" and a reminder of what you're using.

We've found it really useful and saved a few quid and it's also able to be used with other suppliers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.