Smart gas meters?

Can't stick the hoover in a smart meter every 3 months can you.

I'm out.

Just thought I would bump this as a warning.
It is widely reported that 2g and 3g phone signals will be scrapped. This will mean a huge number of smart meters will stop working and will have to be replaced.

As part of an ongoing war with Ovo, today they again tried to push a smart meter onto me. They insisted the new meters will work even if I change supplier. They won't it's a lie, don't get one.

When we moved home our new house had gas and electric smart meters already installed. I hate them, little boxes of stress that visibly mock you penny by penny for every cuppa, wash or phone charge you indulge in.

How easy is it to get an energy company to remove one? Or two?

When we moved home our new house had gas and electric smart meters already installed. I hate them, little boxes of stress that visibly mock you penny by penny for every cuppa, wash or phone charge you indulge in.

I doubt it is easy as they are paid a lot of money by the govt. to install them.
My son had one and had real problems with it. He got a huge bill so we looked at the usage. According to the meter he spent a fortune on Sundries (ironing, toaster etc)....that's how it was printed on the bill and yet nothing on his heating.
Total con and when they go wrong you are fucked.

I doubt it is easy as they are paid a lot of money by the govt. to install them.
My son had one and had real problems with it. He got a huge bill so we looked at the usage. According to the meter he spent a fortune on Sundries (ironing, toaster etc)....that's how it was printed on the bill and yet nothing on his heating.
Total con and when they go wrong you are fucked.
Resist, resist, resist.
Until these household spies become mandatory by law, resist and refuse.
There are huge privacy issues around these intrusions which is why they are not yet mandatory by law.
Basically they are illegal under GDPR, unless you actively consent.
You may notice in the communications from your energy provider that they use what is known as ‘social engineering’ to you to agree to a fitting, eg by booking appointments you never signed up for.
‘Social engineering’ is another way of saying lie or con.
By making it look compulsory when it isn’t.
Unethical and openly dishonest.
Street riots in France and Canada etc over this. I worked in an industry where even the energy companies’ PR spokesman couldn’t guarantee privacy and safety for eg domestic violence victims fleeing abuse, in the event that their abuser worked for an energy company.
Smart meters can tell when you are at home and even predict how many people are there, eg if two phones are plugged in (they can differentiate between the power draw of individual appliances)
Even police witness and other ‘safe houses’ are exposed, so the security forces are massively against it

Impossible once installed

None of the utility companies are meeting their required installation rates.
So they are trying all sorts of tactics.
Bluntest is telling you to make an appointment for an installation.
Just write to the CEO telling them to fuck off.
I paraphrase.

None of the utility companies are meeting their required installation rates.
So they are trying all sorts of tactics.
Bluntest is telling you to make an appointment for an installation.
Just write to the CEO telling them to fuck off.
I paraphrase.
That sums up my problem.
'You're in debt, we are increasing your payment to £365 a month (from £150)
'We fucked up, here's £1100 overpayment and pay us £150 like before
A month later you owe us £650
I contact them and 2 months later after many lies I get threatening emails because they haven't received my payments of £365..
Every phone call they say it wouldn't have happened if I had a smart meter and every phone call I tell them it was human error not a smart meter.
It is still going on and I am clinging tightly to the £1100/650 until they prove it is theirs.

I am at a loss as to the animosity towards smart meters?? You don't have to plug in the remote to see how much energy you are using. You used to have to change the meter when changing supplier but not any more. You are paying for it anyway in your bill whether you have one or not. If I didn't have a smart meter I couldn't have the cheap electricity I get now.

I am at a loss as to the animosity towards smart meters?? You don't have to plug in the remote to see how much energy you are using. You used to have to change the meter when changing supplier but not any more. You are paying for it anyway in your bill whether you have one or not. If I didn't have a smart meter I couldn't have the cheap electricity I get now.
You haven't read my post have you.
Most smart meters run off 2 or 3g signals. These are being turned off on the 'orders' of the government. Most meters will have to be changed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.