Smiths Reunion?

I randomly bought a best of on cd one lunchtime from college having read so much about them in the NME and Melody Maker. All the lads stood around the pool table but I sat alone reading the lyrics from the inlay knowing I just had to listen to this music. Life changing.

What is the biggest gig the Smiths played on their own, not at a festival? Is it something like the size of the Apollo?
If they reformed now they would probably fill out Wembley and the Etihad several times over. I can't think of another band whose popularity has increased as much as theirs have after splitting up.
They never even played at The Apollo!
Biggest venue they played in Manchester - (GMEX Festival of the 10th Summer apart) was The Free Trade Hall twice.
It's ridiculous to imagine that they only played 10 gigs in Manchester (if you include Salford Uni as being Manchester) in total

Apart from that I'd say The Royal Albert Hall in London would have been the largest venue in the UK they played at in their own right.
GMEX was the biggest venue they played at throughout the bands lifetime

Oh I knew you wouldn't agree, which is why I said 'for me'. Musically they had all I loved at the time, the chiming Rics, great basslines and melodies, but I could never get past his voice. Three, maybe four songs at tops of an album and then 'off'. Hey I tried.
And if they don’t believe me now,
Will they ever believe me…..
Lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.