Smiths Reunion?

Are you kidding me?

The Smiths are massive amongst today's teenagers. I couldn't believe it.
This. My 15 year old grandaughter brought a smile to my face when she told me this (unprompted I may add).
I just said ''they are a band to get into'' and left it at that. I didn't want to overwhelm her over the next 9 hours talking about the gig at Salford Uni....

There are people who'd get on stage with people they hate or have a very open wound with if the money is right.
Is Morrissey one of them ?
Just a stone cold business decision no pretence of comradeship? Meet only in the rehearsal room or on stage. Talking to each other through managers.
Morrissey strikes me as someone who'd wreck anything no matter how lucrative , just to get revenge or deprive someone of something. A big pay day for Mike Joyce , for example.

There are people who'd get on stage with people they hate or have a very open wound with if the money is right.
Is Morrissey one of them ?
Just a stone cold business decision no pretence of comradeship? Meet only in the rehearsal room or on stage. Talking to each other through managers.
Morrissey strikes me as someone who'd wreck anything no matter how lucrative , just to get revenge or deprive someone of something. A big pay day for Mike Joyce , for example.
This picture of Johnny and Mike together (and also Billy Duffy too) earlier this year must have had Morrissey's piss boiling!
Screenshot_20240520-071701.png

What is the biggest gig the Smiths played on their own, not at a festival? Is it something like the size of the Apollo?
If they reformed now they would probably fill out Wembley and the Etihad several times over. I can't think of another band whose popularity has increased as much as theirs have after splitting up.

What is the biggest gig the Smiths played on their own, not at a festival? Is it something like the size of the Apollo?
If they reformed now they would probably fill out Wembley and the Etihad several times over. I can't think of another band whose popularity has increased as much as theirs have after splitting up.
The Stone Roses was pretty remarkable. I seen them playing at the Apollo, at Christmas in 95 (I think). Then Squire left before they were laughed off stage at Reading festival. Roll on 20 years and they are selling out football stadiums without doing anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.