Smoke & Mirrors

supermankrypton

Alright, I'm new on here.

My point is this: Garry Cook has been out and about in Europe developing relations with the top clubs - Milan, Real, Barca - and this has been going on for months. The club have been saying that this is to improve our profile and cement our position as real contenders in the market. There can be no doubt that the money the Sheikh is worth - and more importantly, the power he has in the Middle East region - will turn a lot of heads in the football world. Perhaps the biggest head this will turn is Berlusconi's. Berlusconi is not just the gaffer of A.C. Milan - he's the Italian P.M. And more than that: this man has more fingers in more pies then Mr. Holland. His other main interests are insurance, real estate and banking. We all know what a greedy slimeball he is. Italians hate him. I'm willing to bet that Berlusconi is far less interested in Kaka's destination than he is in keeping his head above water in politics and banking. In January, Milan had no intention of selling Kaka to anyone. It was nothing more than a public relations exercise to test the water for the inevitable departure of Milan's superstar. They wanted to ease the news in gently so that when it does happen, Milan fans will be more resigned to losing him. Real, despite their recent announcements, will not get both Kaka & Ronaldo. Only one will do to appease Real fans. That is Ronaldo. The talks in Jan were indeed about Kaka moving to us, and I reckon these have been ongoing, behind closed doors, since then. The smoke and mirrors exercise continued with City lodging serious bids for the likes of Eto'o and Henry (again, prob ongoing for months). There's a possibility we've been enquiring about Pato as well. Let's not forget: for politicians and bankers, money talks.

I think there really IS more to come from the Kaka affair - we may not get HIM, but we could well get the others. I reckon Cook and the boys have been on a massive blag mission across Europe. We might be new to competing with the 'big boys', but Cook, let's remind ourselves, is responisble for Nike being one of the most massive global franchises on the planet. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

I may be wrong, I may be clutching at straws here, but I reckon there's a LOT more to come, and perhaps sooner than we all think!!!

Eto'o and Tevez are in the bag, I reckon. Dzeko is certainly realistic. Perhaps the superstar we want reall is Kaka?????

Sorry for rambling on

supermankrypton said:

My point is this: Garry Cook has been out and about in Europe developing relations with the top clubs - Milan, Real, Barca - and this has been going on for months. The club have been saying that this is to improve our profile and cement our position as real contenders in the market. There can be no doubt that the money the Sheikh is worth - and more importantly, the power he has in the Middle East region - will turn a lot of heads in the football world. Perhaps the biggest head this will turn is Berlusconi's. Berlusconi is not just the gaffer of A.C. Milan - he's the Italian P.M. And more than that: this man has more fingers in more pies then Mr. Holland. His other main interests are insurance, real estate and banking. We all know what a greedy slimeball he is. Italians hate him. I'm willing to bet that Berlusconi is far less interested in Kaka's destination than he is in keeping his head above water in politics and banking. In January, Milan had no intention of selling Kaka to anyone. It was nothing more than a public relations exercise to test the water for the inevitable departure of Milan's superstar. They wanted to ease the news in gently so that when it does happen, Milan fans will be more resigned to losing him. Real, despite their recent announcements, will not get both Kaka & Ronaldo. Only one will do to appease Real fans. That is Ronaldo. The talks in Jan were indeed about Kaka moving to us, and I reckon these have been ongoing, behind closed doors, since then. The smoke and mirrors exercise continued with City lodging serious bids for the likes of Eto'o and Henry (again, prob ongoing for months). There's a possibility we've been enquiring about Pato as well. Let's not forget: for politicians and bankers, money talks.

I think there really IS more to come from the Kaka affair - we may not get HIM, but we could well get the others. I reckon Cook and the boys have been on a massive blag mission across Europe. We might be new to competing with the 'big boys', but Cook, let's remind ourselves, is responisble for Nike being one of the most massive global franchises on the planet. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

I may be wrong, I may be clutching at straws here, but I reckon there's a LOT more to come, and perhaps sooner than we all think!!!

Eto'o and Tevez are in the bag, I reckon. Dzeko is certainly realistic. Perhaps the superstar we want reall is Kaka?????

Sorry for rambling on

Good first post, welcome. I think the same as you tbh.

supermankrypton said:

Sorry for rambling on

you may be right, good post

Ithink there's some truth in what you say.

I belive the meetings around Europe's clubs were to make agreements that we will not bid for certain players, in return for first dibs on others.

eg If Barca want Kaka, we agree not to outbig them in return for first refusal and a good price on Henry

Good post.

City dont need Kaká
Kaká has signed for Madrid, Pérez "confirmed" last night in a radio (Cadena Ser).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.