Smokescreens

sqblue said:
havelocke said:
I really dont believe that Mr Cook is that clever.

Do you?

what an idiotic comment. blokes that have a career behind them like cook does haven't got there by luck.

The guy may come across as a bit of a dick...but believe me he ISNT.

You do not get to the heights he got to at Nike if you cant cut it.

S04 said:
Given that we apparently made bids for 5-6 players in the last day of the transfer window before landing Robinho we can assume that the smokescreen tactics are tried and tested...

So how would you do it if you where in Hughes shoes?

For me I would..

A) Let it be known that unfortunately I got nowhere as much money to spend as people think, poor me...

B) Imply that we are just looking at experienced but rather ordinary players, the big signings will be next year or sometime in the future..

C) Say as little as possible..
agreed

I'm sorry but that is just a bizarre baseless comment.

Why wouldn't he be clever enough to think of that? After the career he's had and seen as if is Executive Chairman of the club I'd be very worried if he wasn't clever enough to think of that very simple idea!

SO maybe he is simple as you quote, and did think of it. I'm wrong.
BUT

Ask yourself this....

Why?

why would he need to create a smokescreen? For whoms' benefit?

To keep other clubs from stealing our targets? Well, it worked for Diarra didnt it? No.

Ah, that was a smoke screen was it? Hmmm, really? From what a lot of people on here heard it was almost done
and dusted until Real came in for him. So no smokescreen there then.

Linked to Santa for months now, will that be a smokescreen? Who knows...

The club speaks to a players agent...he then wants the best deal, best club for his player. Do you think that he
wont then go to other clubs like Real ( like diarra ) and see what they will offer?
Or just to get a better deal from City.

You're deluded if you believe that agents wont talk to other clubs.
So I ask again, who is the smokescreen for?
The fans? The media?

The media are being kept in the dark about our dealings, which is a good thing.
But they have to fill columns....
So, they fill them with gossip ( maybe found from site's like this one, and some from real sources )

havelocke said:

Why wouldn't he be clever enough to think of that? After the career he's had and seen as if is Executive Chairman of the club I'd be very worried if he wasn't clever enough to think of that very simple idea!

BUT

Ask yourself this....

Why?

To keep other clubs from stealing our targets? Well, it worked for Diarra didnt it? No.

Ah, that was a smoke screen was it? Hmmm, really? From what a lot of people on here heard it was almost done

The club speaks to a players agent...he then wants the best deal, best club for his player. Do you think that he
wont then go to other clubs like Real ( like diarra ) and see what they will offer?

The fans? The media?

So, they fill them with gossip ( maybe found from site's like this one, and some from real sources )

we were open about ronaldinho and lost him

club said we never offered diarra anything

havelocke said:

BUT

Ask yourself this....

Why?

The fans? The media?

The only slight problem I have with the smokescreen thing,and you may find it a tad silly to say the least...its this,,

we can actually outbid any team on the planet....just a thought.

You actually make the assumption that we were actually in for Diarra, you don't know that for a fact do you?, not does anyone on here, it was more than likely his agent wanting to bid up his value.

There are many advantages to having non disclosure agreements in contract negotiations

havelocke said:

BUT

Ask yourself this....

Why?

The fans? The media?

My issue is with none of that!

My only issue was your statement that Cook wasn't clever enough to think of a simple marketing technique when he spent so many years on the board of Nike doing exactly that!

The only slight problem I have with the smokescreen thing,and you may find it a tad silly to say the least...its this,,

I´m sure we would prefer not to have to outbid anyone..

bobmcfc said:
havelocke said:

BUT

Ask yourself this....

Why?

The fans? The media?

we were open about ronaldinho and lost him

club said we never offered diarra anything

yeah and then a piece on skysports says and quotes...

"City boss Mark Hughes previously intimated at a potential bid for 23-year-old Diarra, and the Frenchman has confirmed he received a lucrative offer from Eastlands.

He told L'Equipe: "Were Manchester City keen to sign me? Yes, indeed.

"On a financial level, I would have earned a lot more. I love the Premier League, but Real are very attractive. I believe I have earned respect."

So make of that what you will.
He doesn't care as he's playing for Real Madrid
Why would he lie?

samharris said:
havelocke said:

BUT

Ask yourself this....

Why?

The fans? The media?

maybe we dont want to actually pay stupid money and be ripped off.

maybe they want to suprise us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.