Smokescreens

Kinkys Blue Socks said:
havelocke said:
I'm sorry but that is just a bizarre baseless comment.

Why wouldn't he be clever enough to think of that? After the career he's had and seen as if is Executive Chairman of the club I'd be very worried if he wasn't clever enough to think of that very simple idea!

SO maybe he is simple as you quote, and did think of it. I'm wrong.
BUT

Ask yourself this....

Why?

why would he need to create a smokescreen? For whoms' benefit?

To keep other clubs from stealing our targets? Well, it worked for Diarra didnt it? No.

Ah, that was a smoke screen was it? Hmmm, really? From what a lot of people on here heard it was almost done
and dusted until Real came in for him. So no smokescreen there then.

Linked to Santa for months now, will that be a smokescreen? Who knows...

The club speaks to a players agent...he then wants the best deal, best club for his player. Do you think that he
wont then go to other clubs like Real ( like diarra ) and see what they will offer?
Or just to get a better deal from City.

You're deluded if you believe that agents wont talk to other clubs.
So I ask again, who is the smokescreen for?
The fans? The media?

The media are being kept in the dark about our dealings, which is a good thing.
But they have to fill columns....
So, they fill them with gossip ( maybe found from site's like this one, and some from real sources )

My issue is with none of that!

My only issue was your statement that Cook wasn't clever enough to think of a simple marketing technique when he spent so many years on the board of Nike doing exactly that!

sorry mate, I did originally say it tongue in cheek, but I really do know some chief exec's who wouldnt be so savvie.
I just cant really see there being a smokescreen

I seem to remember that the new owners wanted a megastar at city or the deal was off, so I think we did actually put bids in for the above mentioned.

I realy do believe City are boxing clever with this. City have never said they are interested in a particular name, but names such as Bellamy and Upson appear in the press.

All the interest on 31/08 was toward Berbatov, Villa, Gomez. No mention of Rob until 23:00 leaving Chelsea no time to respond as someone else has put.

Why make other clubs know of your intentions so you have to get into a bidding war. The player themselves may also prefer the other club anyway (ie Madrid, Barca).

havelocke said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
David Villa And Gomez was the smokescreen for Robinho in august

and berbatov?

Hmmm.
S04 said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
David Villa And Gomez was the smokescreen for Robinho in august

Berbatov and horseface as well..

yep, oh and mark hughes saying he's goin to meet berba after he had finished with his golf, don't think he had any intentions of meeting him!!! lol

I think that the real truth is that neither Cook or Hughes choose to correct the wild rumours. They let the media have their wild stabs in the dark while working quietly and discreetly on their intended targets. It's the way I do business so I'm sure it's the way a well-run organisation, which City seems to be transforming itself into, would conduct itself.

I think it's a bit fanciful to suggest that there is deliberate misinformation being spread, though. Not good for business relationships and simply bad business practice.

Giles said:
I think that the real truth is that neither Cook or Hughes choose to correct the wild rumours. They let the media have their wild stabs in the dark while working quietly and discreetly on their intended targets. It's the way I do business so I'm sure it's the way a well-run organisation, which City seems to be transforming itself into, would conduct itself.

I think it's a bit fanciful to suggest that there is deliberate misinformation being spread, though. Not good for business relationships and simply bad business practice.

That I agree with

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.