Smoking Pure Green

I smoked it from about 17 till about 32 (I'm 43 now) really really heavily. Smoked tons of it whilst living at home with my parents.
My dad was an RAF Warrent officer and so at times it was like living with the drill Sargent from full metal jacket.

Nothing anyone said or did was ever going to make me stop and belive me, my folk tried everything.

I think you would be better trying to influence him to have a good friendship circle who are only smoking green than trying to stop him tbh.

A few times my mum stepped in and made it difficult to hang around with certain people and thankfully on the whole my mates were a decent bunch who I still see now.
My folks turned a blind eye to it in the end and I'd smoke it in my bedroom with mates. They knew where I was and what I was upto and I think that helped them as well.

Me and my friends smoked it together, occasionally a little bit more and stopped smoking it together, in our own time - mainly because we all met women who we wanted to grow old with as opposed to just be a casual relationship.

Did it effect me long term? Yeah, I'd say it did. My memory is fairly poor and sometimes I can be a touch unstable mentally but I've got a great job, lovely wife and a little boy and that's the same for all our group.

I think it's really difficult to stop kids doing something if they are absolutely intent on doing it and trying to force them to stop can drive them away. Then you aren't there to help when required.

So... Yeah, maybe try to encourage him/her to have a good friendshio circle would be a more successful way of addressing it.

Hope that helps you in some way.

There's nothing harmful about smoking it pure. I do it. Hate tobacco. But I am able to run 5k and play football twice. Don't be too harsh on him. Education is key. Make sure he is on top of his game re career aspirations and schooling/college. With maturity and education he will quit when he wants. But it's not harmful.

I smoked it from about 17 till about 32 (I'm 43 now) really really heavily. Smoked tons of it whilst living at home with my parents.
My dad was an RAF Warrent officer and so at times it was like living with the drill Sargent from full metal jacket.

Nothing anyone said or did was ever going to make me stop and belive me, my folk tried everything.

I think you would be better trying to influence him to have a good friendship circle who are only smoking green than trying to stop him tbh.

A few times my mum stepped in and made it difficult to hang around with certain people and thankfully on the whole my mates were a decent bunch who I still see now.
My folks turned a blind eye to it in the end and I'd smoke it in my bedroom with mates. They knew where I was and what I was upto and I think that helped them as well.

Me and my friends smoked it together, occasionally a little bit more and stopped smoking it together, in our own time - mainly because we all met women who we wanted to grow old with as opposed to just be a casual relationship.

Did it effect me long term? Yeah, I'd say it did. My memory is fairly poor and sometimes I can be a touch unstable mentally but I've got a great job, lovely wife and a little boy and that's the same for all our group.

I think it's really difficult to stop kids doing something if they are absolutely intent on doing it and trying to force them to stop can drive them away. Then you aren't there to help when required.

So... Yeah, maybe try to encourage him/her to have a good friendshio circle would be a more successful way of addressing it.

Hope that helps you in some way.
Thank you.

There's nothing harmful about smoking it pure. I do it. Hate tobacco. But I am able to run 5k and play football twice. Don't be too harsh on him. Education is key. Make sure he is on top of his game re career aspirations and schooling/college. With maturity and education he will quit when he wants. But it's not harmful.
I disagree about the harmfulness, I think it affects different people differently.
I have a really good mate who is a Paramedic, his son was a bright lad and very good footballer both at school and for a club at weekend, My mate paid for him to go to private school and when he left school he good a very good Overall Position score (1 being the highest) I think he got a 3 (which means your clever)
He got an apprenticeship as an Electro Mechanical Engineer with a big company and was also studying for a degree.
Anyway he started smoking dope heavily with mates at about 15 or 16 and over the next few years his personality changed, he quit football and cut a long story short, he got sacked for not turning up at work and being disinterested.
He's about 24 now, still heavily into the dope and is like a paranoid fucking Zombie. Been on suicide watch, Unemployed, lazy as fuck, just sponges off his Dad, stays at home all day and apparently strums a guitar and 'writes songs'.
My mate has gone through hell with all this, he's been to court twice with son, and to be honest he seemed like the perfect Dad who loved his son.
I feel so sorry for him (both of them)
So I think it is harmful, to some young people.
If I was the OP I would try everything to get him to stop, google it, ask your Doctor, phone drug hotlines etc etc try everything.

I have two people in my family who have smoked it since mid teens and both of them have serious mental health issues now in their late 20s. Then there’s another who started smoking it in his mid teens, he’s now in his early 30s and he’s the same. Constant zombie-like state, waiting for the next joint. Lazy AF. Withdrawn and selfish.

My best mate smoked a lot of it from 16-17 until he was 21ish. He hasn’t touched it since and leads a normal life, and I haven’t detected any hint of issues with him (he’s now mid 30s). Maybe it hits different people in different ways.

I benchmark them against other people I know of the same age who don’t smoke dope, not an exact science of course. I am absolutely convinced that smoking dope at a young age fans the flames of mental health issues later in life - including paranoia, psychosis and depression. When I see it being legalised in various countries, and legitimised, I then think I must be imagining it all and maybe it is OK.

To each their own and if some people need a joint to get through the day, then fair enough. I have no idea what I’d do if I were in your position, but I wish you and your son all the very best.

As others have said, education is the key. If he understands the likely long term effects on his body and mind he might decide to cut down or stop. You should get some advice from a drug charity or counselling service. You should also consider getting him to some knowledge of the ‘battle’ heroin addicts face controlling their addiction. Give him a good idea what it can lead to, maybe some one on one time with former addicts.

I know a few people who died through heroin addiction. A girl who was the sister of one of my best friends growing up who ended up as the local bike to pay for heroin (very very sad) and a good friend of my brother who’s parents both died in tragic circumstances before he was 15, who then went through various drugs before acquiring an addition to heroin and died in his early thirties....I could go on...sadly.

Im not saying cannabis will lead to harder drugs, but it can.

Hope you sort it out.

I disagree about the harmfulness, I think it affects different people differently.
I have a really good mate who is a Paramedic, his son was a bright lad and very good footballer both at school and for a club at weekend, My mate paid for him to go to private school and when he left school he good a very good Overall Position score (1 being the highest) I think he got a 3 (which means your clever)
He got an apprenticeship as an Electro Mechanical Engineer with a big company and was also studying for a degree.
Anyway he started smoking dope heavily with mates at about 15 or 16 and over the next few years his personality changed, he quit football and cut a long story short, he got sacked for not turning up at work and being disinterested.
He's about 24 now, still heavily into the dope and is like a paranoid fucking Zombie. Been on suicide watch, Unemployed, lazy as fuck, just sponges off his Dad, stays at home all day and apparently strums a guitar and 'writes songs'.
My mate has gone through hell with all this, he's been to court twice with son, and to be honest he seemed like the perfect Dad who loved his son.
I feel so sorry for him (both of them)
So I think it is harmful, to some young people.
If I was the OP I would try everything to get him to stop, google it, ask your Doctor, phone drug hotlines etc etc try everything.

Agree with most of this. I dabbled with this sort of shit at a similar age, luckily I grew out of it very young when I realised most the people you'd be mixing with were wasters, and using drugs to mask insecurities, family issues and usually just their shit personalities.

It is definitely a gateway drug, I don't care what anybody says. I'd say the second most talented footballer I ever came across when in school, was a lad 2 years above me who was on the books of a few different academies in the North West, including United at one point. He started smoking dope in his mid teens, released from United and quit football completely. The years that followed he's turned into a right druggy unemployed waster, who just sits in his room all day in his late 20s. Of reasonable intelligence, grew up in a nice area and his dad was a senior copper.

Each to their own, I'm not bothered if someone I know wants to smoke a few spliffs on an evening or sniff a bag when out with the lads, as long as I'm not involved. Anyone who wants to live a reasonably long life, with solid mental health and a reasonably successful career should avoid drugs like the plague.

Some great posts in this thread, was going to throw in my own story but it's all been covered by various other posters who do or have dabbled. I would add that there have always been bone idle types who don't appear to function properly, imo it's just the law of averages that dictates some of these shirkers these days are also potheads, there are plenty who booze their way through the day/week with no intention of changing.

OP, you already know that this green is way more powerful than what was readily available in the past, can understand your concern on that score, plus it must stink your house out if he's skinning up indoors, even if he tokes it outside. I've knocked the green on the head recently, reverted back to pollen along with cutting back drastically, it was too potent for me.

Wish you the best of luck with your lad, it's good that you can bring personal experience to the table when you discuss it with him, although maybe you've not let him know that you used to smoke it.
No idea what sort of relationship you have with him, obviously you love him but maybe you're always at loggerheads, especially since the weed has been on the scene, no doubt you got on a lot better until then. Might seem a bit radical but if it's doable why not take him camping for a weekend, just the 2 of you, might give you the right setting for a proper heart to heart, man to man, because that's what he thinks he is now, a man, I did when I was 16, no doubt you did too. I'm not saying this would have worked with my old man, not a fucking chance, he would never have thought of it and I would have done all I could to get out of it. It might work for you though mate, dads are different now, you can relate to anything he's going through.

Hopefully you'll be able to pick the bones out of this whole thread, there's some great insight, and set yourself a course towards helping him knock it on the head, the sooner the better too, that stuff is way to powerful for any teenager, also you can bet your life he will be hoping to give spice a go if he hasn't already.

Good luck mate.

Mental issues are caused by the chemical sprays they use on UK grown. And an unstable mind. Anything bio has less effects and gives you a natural high. So depends on the type of strain and who has grown it. It's like alcohol. Some are stronger than others. And alcohol does more damage to body than weed. so if done in moderation, he's fine. job career and home are first priority in life. Then having time to chill with a bong is an extra bonus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.