Smoking Pure Green

Some nice thoughtful replies on here. Hope they help a little bit
I've no great wisdom to impart, but I'd echo some of the comments & suggestions.
Main one would be speak to a drug charity, or service, they must have been through this very situation multiple times and can advise you without prejudice.

My own quick thoughts though.....
It'd be good if a man to man time could work as a poster suggests and maybe sharing stories of your own time smoking etc. Back in the day I used to smoke daily for a while and if it were possible I'd like to get over that smoking weed in general '''might' be OK but smoking it every day really isnt.
I don't know if any 16 year old is going to listen to stern advice or actions, or accept you saying it's a gateway drug etc. But they might get that if they are gonna smoke weed regardless of what you say then it should be a weekend thing, like it should be with booze etc.
That's just my take, but as above, speak to the professional services about it and go with what they say.
Good luck.

So glad I started this thread.
Some fantastic wisdom by all and I thank you all .

2 days on from our major blow out and everything is settling down again . He is bright eyed and positively bushy tailed this morning which is ace.

I am fancying this camping weekend thingy big time.
I will keep posting.

So glad I started this thread.
Some fantastic wisdom by all and I thank you all .

2 days on from our major blow out and everything is settling down again . He is bright eyed and positively bushy tailed this morning which is ace.

I am fancying this camping weekend thingy big time.
I will keep posting.
That's great news, keep him occupied over the weekend mate, even if it costs a couple of quid to do something he'll be in to, go-karts, quad bikes, war museum or whatever, he needs reminding that there's plenty to life other than skulking around smoking weed. You can rest assured it all stems from the company he's keeping, hopefully not all his mates are at it, that way he can gravitate towards the ones who don't whilst not losing face with the group, because let's face it at that age it's all about keeping his rep.

As for the camping, strike while the iron's hot, truth of it is that he'll probably be toking again by the middle of next week, it's unlikely that he's finished with it just because of what happened with his mum the other night.

I can't think of anyone I knew at 16 who was smoking daily and didn't turn out to have mental issues or just never get away from it.

I was at it every weekend from 19-24, with daily use aged 22-24. Used to love a smoke at games actually but I was beginning to find it made me panic in a setting like that. Smoking privately, it can still turn me a bit weird and I will go very quiet and thoughtful, sometimes ruminating on things too much. It seemed to lose the things I enjoyed about it, like having the giggles watching a film or summat. Towards the end of my regular use, my behaviour and thoughts became strange. I can remember watching ITV News opening credits and thinking the images contained subliminal messages. Why did they show different credits at night?!?

This is probably just a phase for your lad. I like to think that when it stops agreeing with some people, they get fed up and pack it in of their own accord. For some people it causes no issues whatsoever, and thats fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.