Smoking. Would you?

mcmanus said:
2sheikhs said:
With all the warnings the government hand out about smoking, I'd love it if every smoker decided to just quit it. Cameron and co would absolutely shit themselves when the see the lost revenue.

I thought the idea all the tax from smokers plus them dying younger so less pensions would appeal to some politicians.

Classic yes prime minister, have a look from about 10 minutes.

<a class="postlink" href="http://fcache.veoh.com/file/f/l21039721.mp4?e=1346984079&ri=6000&rs=100&h=2a00019aa57187d5c4c20eebe18ec275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fcache.veoh.com/file/f/l21039721 ... ebe18ec275</a>

2sheikhs said:
Manchestercitychorlton said:
Probably, I occasionally smoke with mates or whatever but wouldn't say I was a smoker. Never bought a cig in my life.
Yeah I've got 1 or 2 mates like that. They're also 1st out of the taxi and walk straight past the bar because they're dying for a piss.

Or drop to tie their shoelace!

Lucky Toma said:
Just wrote something to Kev via PM that made me ponder.

To all you non-smokers....if smoking was good for you and was odourless....would you take it up?

Taking this quote in context, regardless of reality (which the post points out!!)

Yeah, I would - it's harmless remember (in the context of the quote) and as a non smoker,in my youth, I used to sometimes watch by as smokers were able to break the ice with the opposite sex with a simple "have you got a light please"

2sheikhs said:
With all the warnings the government hand out about smoking, I'd love it if every smoker decided to just quit it. Cameron and co would absolutely shit themselves when the see the lost revenue.

Haha this.

And to answer the ops question, no. Every mate of mine who I went to school with who started smoking has regretted it and they're trying to quit now. What was the point?

2sheikhs said:

Great idea. Why dont we do it when the next Labour government is in so we can blame them instead?

Rotten filthy habit. Ive never even touched one and never will. Cancer is in your Genes but smoking just vastly improves your chances of susceptibility.
Both Parents dead from smoking related Cancer. Thanks for that.
If weak willed,yellow fingered mugs cant do without there daily cancer sticks then put them upto £10-£15 per pack and see who buys them then. The extra revenue gained would enable us to cut other taxes that dont actually directly kill you. The opposite effect of this is a smoking free society which will be less burden on the NHS thus saving the lost tax revenues.

brand blue heavies said:
2sheikhs said:

Great idea. Why dont we do it when the next Labour government is in so we can blame them instead?

Rotten filthy habit. Ive never even touched one and never will. Cancer is in your Genes but smoking just vastly improves your chances of susceptibility.Both Parents dead from smoking related Cancer. Thanks for that.
If weak willed,yellow fingered mugs cant do without there daily cancer sticks then put them upto £10-£15 per pack and see who buys them then. The extra revenue gained would enable us to cut other taxes that dont actually directly kill you. The opposite effect of this is a smoking free society which will be less burden on the NHS thus saving the lost tax revenues.

Care to elaborate on that ?

brand blue heavies said:
2sheikhs said:

Rotten filthy habit. Ive never even touched one and never will. Cancer is in your Genes but smoking just vastly improves your chances of susceptibility.
Both Parents dead from smoking related Cancer. Thanks for that.

and then you woke up and had some brekky

Lucky Toma said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Bit of a stupid question to be fair. If Yakult drinks made my stomach and bowel bad then I wouldn't drink them even if it was 'cool' to do so.

Was just curious BT if the obvious negatives of smoking was stripped away if the appeal of smoking was there for some non-smokers.

Same kind of question - but flipped - to if lager never contained alcohol would it ever have taken off as a popular drink.
Lager is for peasants ;)

In my earlier years I tried it but I kept thinking, I'm only forcing myself to like it cos it's a cheap way of getting drunk. I can easily drink one glass of whiskey, enjoy it and not get drunk and continue the night on a soft drink.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.