Sneaking kids in

jamiecav

Quick question, I've got my kids for the Chelsea game, they are 4 and 6. I know the younger can go in with me on my knee, but would normally buy a ticket for the elder.

But there are none available.

Reckon I could sneak her in kn my knee? Is it 4 or 5 the cut off?

Sorry if asked elsewhere my search skills aren't the best

Quick question, I've got my kids for the Chelsea game, they are 4 and 6. I know the younger can go in with me on my knee, but would normally buy a ticket for the elder.

Might be difficult regardless of the cutoff. From what I remember from when mine were a bit younger, the expectation is that the kid will sit on your knee if he/she doesn't have a seat of his/her own.

Not sure how big your knees are, but having 2 kids sat on you all match might not be the most comfortable! It's a pretty small space in front of you also.

Might be difficult regardless of the cutoff. From what I remember from when mine were a bit younger, the expectation is that the kid will sit on your knee if he/she doesn't have a seat of his/her own.

Not sure how big your knees are, but having 2 kids sat on you all match might not be the most comfortable! It's a pretty small space in front of you also.

Haha good point, I should have said I go with my mum (grandma) so there are 4 available knees!

It's a toss up between comfort and not being there...

my sons 10 but was still getting him and his sister in together until about 2/3 years ago as they were small(ish)

Suppose it helped I was going to games where I knew there be empty seats

Haha good point, I should have said I go with my mum (grandma) so there are 4 available knees!

It's a toss up between comfort and not being there...

Ha, that sounds a bit more possible!

I think the cutoff is 5, but I've no idea how closely it ever gets enforced or if proof of age is ever requested. Hopefully someone else can give their experience of that for you.

It's a 'babes in arms' policy so carry them in and you have more chance.

the official policy is "under 5" go in for free - so age 5 and over need a ticket.

My son is very tall for his age so when he was 4 i always worried when i took him but maybe it helps the steward on my gate knows us as regualrs anyway, so no one every queried his age. And since he turned 6 he's been using his grandma's ticket as she's been too ill to go. He looks about 9 now, despite being 6.

If they're not big for their age and you have regular stewards in view at turnstiles you should be fine.

Unless you get an absolute twat, the worse that will happen is they’ll let you in but warn you that you’ll need a ticket in future. I got about eight such warnings one season when one of mine was 7/8, before I bit the bullet and bought him a ticket for the following season.

Until you’ve had at least a couple of warnings, I wouldn’t even considered buying them one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.