Sneaky barstewards - Cypriot banking crisis

paphos-mcfc said:
It will be interesting what develops in the next few days as the banks here are being closed til Thursday maybe even later. Start a new job tomorrow I wonder what currency I'll be paid in at the end of the month.

i wonder if you will get paid at all..

Could be interesting few days, their will be a severe run on the Euro, the tourist industry in Cyprus will be very volatile at the minute, cant see many Germans placing their towels on the sunloungers, and if they are forced out of the Euro, thna the shockwaves will reverberate round the world financial houses

paphos-mcfc said:
It will be interesting what develops in the next few days as the banks here are being closed til Thursday maybe even later. Start a new job tomorrow I wonder what currency I'll be paid in at the end of the month.
You should know better mate, half in Roubles other half Yen

paphos-mcfc said:

I should be more worried about getting any of your money. A run on the banks could mean it's all gone before you get there. Do you know how much is guaranteed in Cyprus? I think it's 80k in the uk.

Gelsons Dad said:
paphos-mcfc said:

I should be more worried about getting any of your money. A run on the banks could mean it's all gone before you get there. Do you know how much is guaranteed in Cyprus? I think it's 80k in the uk.
The Bank of Cyprus make their own rules up as they go along they drove me and the mrs mad trying to get our money out to take back to UK last October, in the end we had to get financial experts based in London to do it, believe me they are a law unto themselves

Just listening to Alistair Darling on Sky, said anybody with cash in Spain and Italy get it out now !!

This is the beginning of the end for the Euro and possibly the EU

Gelsons Dad said:
paphos-mcfc said:

It is €100,000 across Europe.

Booked to go to protaras end of April,should this all have been sorted by then Or will there be cars burning in the streets when get there do we think ?

lafitz2008 said:
Booked to go to protaras end of April,should this all have been sorted by then Or will there be cars burning in the streets when get there do we think ?
It will be mate, dont think they burn cars in Protaras, Nicosia and Limassol maybe but not Protaras

If youv never been to Protaras before its great, one of the best beaches and bay of crystal clear water you will ever see at Fig Tree Bay, nice strip of bars and restaurants as well, bw a bit quiet end of April though, take a coat gets a bit nippy at night

blue underpants said:
lafitz2008 said:
It will be mate, dont think they burn cars in Protaras, Nicosia and Limassol maybe but not Protaras

If youv never been to Protaras before its great, one of the best beaches and bay of crystal clear water you will ever see at Fig Tree Bay, nice strip of bars and restaurants as well, bw a bit quiet end of April though, take a coat gets a bit nippy at night

Ah great,yeah first time going to Cyprus,really looking forward to it.
Prefer something bit quieter to be honest as taking the kids so not worried about nightlife etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.