Sneijder (continued)

Here's part of the full story:

Manchester City, who could hand £23 million signing Samir Nasri a debut at Tottenham on Sunday, were approached by Inter officials 10 days ago as the Italians attempted to capitalise on the delay in completing Nasri's move from Arsenal by offering Sneijder in exchange for Tévez.

While neighbours Manchester United have been engaged in a lengthy pursuit of Sneijder, City rejected the chance to sign the £35 million-rated Dutch midfielder.

Inter's offer underlines the widely-held perception that they are keen to cash in on Sneijder, but it is understood that United will not renew their interest ahead of Wednesday's transfer deadline unless the player drastically reduces his salary demands.

Tévez's decision to move his family to Manchester is regarded as significant by City, however, due to his repeated insistence that his attempt to leave the club was in order to be closer to his two daughters.

MOgdenTelegraph Mark Ogden

Man City offered Sneijder by Inter for a second time during Nasri delay. City said no. Inter clearly looking to move him on. #mcfc

squirtyflower said:
ITKs said all along that he was our back upmif nasri fell through

Although the shit papers all said both were only interested in scum

No he didnt. He said we were about "to go nuclear" on Wesley.

To be fair, I have never once read Mancini say that he was interested in Sneijder.

I have never once read any view from the club that we were interested in Sneijder.

The only news to come out was that Inter have been haranguing us to do a deal with Tevez... which we repeatedly knock back.

I think the Italian media have a lot to answer for with their wildly speculative "Sneijder signs for City" headlines.

Too many gullible people.

80s Shorts said:
squirtyflower said:
ITKs said all along that he was our back upmif nasri fell through

Although the shit papers all said both were only interested in scum

No he didnt. He said we were about "to go nuclear" on Wesley.

Good point, we obviously didnt go that nuclear did we? (whatever that actually means)

It was obvious in Dublin Sneijder and inter pushed hard for this deal.

City definitely entertained it,likely as said as a back up to nasri.

Really impressed with how we conducted business in this window.

squirtyflower said:
Interestingly it looks like "city snubbed wes" and not the other way round

Just how far have we come?

This is exactly what happened and any other story is bullshit.

We sat down with his reps and our interest was very real but his demands were too much, it was us that walked away.

The interesting thing for me that's happened over the summer is the way the rags have walked away from two differant deals.

They were interested in both Nasri and Sneijder but once we showed an interest they walked, little ol citeh eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.