Snow - School Closures

bluereddish

If we take our kids out of school for a day we can be taken to court and fined - even imprisoned. If the local authority does it just because of a bit of snow it is Okay. Can we send the bill for lost wages to the council? Can we fcuk!!!!

Our dustbins haven't been emptied since before Christmas, most other people seem to get to work. If the council was a business it would have gone bust years ago.

bluereddish said:
If we take our kids out of school for a day we can be taken to court and fined - even imprisoned. If the local authority does it just because of a bit of snow it is Okay. Can we send the bill for lost wages to the council? Can we fcuk!!!!

If teachers can't get in and kids are in school and an accident happens then parents take schools to court. etc... etc....

Citysmith said:
bluereddish said:

If teachers can't get in and kids are in school and an accident happens then parents take schools to court. etc... etc....

Blame compensation culture.

Citysmith said:
bluereddish said:

or if even the teachers are in and a kid has an accident the council would be facing outrage and court cases from 'stunned' parents

Ed68 said:
Citysmith said:

Blame compensation culture.

That's are large reason.

Also how many parents have been imprisoned or fined for taking their kid out of a school for a day?

The Pink Panther said:
Will our ASDA delivery turn up tomorrow? If it doesn't can we sue for mental anguish?
i was clearing the drive and the road from snow on Sunday when a Sainsburys van went past me laughing and on down the lane
two hours later he was coming back up the lane, 5 metres at a time with two 'technicians' clearing snow and gritting to help get back up
the only bit he could travel on was the bit i and a neighbour had cleared!

squirtyflower said:
The Pink Panther said:
Will our ASDA delivery turn up tomorrow? If it doesn't can we sue for mental anguish?
i was clearing the drive and the road from snow on Sunday when a Sainsburys van went past me laughing and on down the lane
two hours later he was coming back up the lane, 5 metres at a time with two 'technicians' clearing snow and gritting to help get back up
the only bit he could travel on was the bit i and a neighbour had cleared!

Send them a bill for your services, or tell them you would settle for 6mths free groceries.

if you shut the school, the attendance is void, if they open the school and only a small number of kids turn up then the attendance figures for that day can ruin the other figures for the whole term!!!

Compensation culture is a major issue here. If the school has not cleared the site of snow and a child falls then they are in the crap.

Not only falls, but what about controlling 1400-1500 11-16year olds between lessons???? All it takes is one child to get hit with a snowball, take it the wrong way/believe someone threw it at him/her in an agressive way "no need" then the whole yard kicks off!!!

Is that what you expect will happen when you drop your child off the school gates????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.