Snow storm ahead!

The Pope said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Boston / Massachusetts on full snow alert - anything from 2-3 feet tomorrow and Saturday, maybe more in the higher places.

just shows how inept this country is at dealing with snow - 1 inch and the country grinds to a standstill. I remember on the news these american tourists were shaking their heads at our incompetence.
Then we'll get to summer and after 2 days of sun they'll enforce a hosepipe ban!
It's fucking embarrassing mate.

I'd love a downpour of snow like they're about to get, just once, like a major 2-3 foot covering.

Twats, twats everywhere. It just took me an hour to drive to the subway station to drop off the wife. Turned around and came back home. Not a chance I'm going to work, I won't make it there without getting crashed into. People without 4 wheel drive or snow tires (tyres) shouldn't be allowed out.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Boston / Massachusetts on full snow alert - anything from 2-3 feet tomorrow and Saturday, maybe more in the higher places.

Just being dispatched to the shops to get the essentials - food, flashlights (yes, I know they are torches ;), batteries and candles.
First stop the ''liquor store''.

Have tomorrow off anyway, but meant to be in work 25 miles away on Saturday morning..... we shall see (work 14 hours overtime at time and a half so the roads had better be cleared!)

Hopefully there will be no power cuts or i wont be able to watch City on Saturday (yes, at work ;)

I'd of gone.....

Torches
Ofi
Blackout

Moston my arse (:

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Just being dispatched to the shops to get the essentials - food, flashlights (yes, I know they are torches ;), batteries and candles.

Have tomorrow off anyway, but meant to be in work 25 miles away on Saturday morning..... we shall see (work 14 hours overtime at time and a half so the roads had better be cleared!)

Hopefully there will be no power cuts or i wont be able to watch City on Saturday (yes, at work ;)

I'd of gone.....

Torches
Ofi
Blackout

Moston my arse (:

You have to conform Zin. You can only take so many years of everybody saying, "what", "pardon". I do still love to see the look on there faces when I tell them to, "turn the telly over".

Barcon said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

I'd of gone.....

Torches
Ofi
Blackout

Moston my arse (:

You have to conform Zin. You can only take so many years of everybody saying, "what", "pardon". I do still love to see the look on there faces when I tell them to, "turn the telly over".

Funnily enough, I put ''power cuts'' because here everyone says ''power outs''.
You do end up saying words at work that I really don't want to say but as above, you have to change a little. Like ''put it in the bin'' just doesn't register.... so you have to say ''trash''.
Thankfully they have all got used to me saying ''some bloke'' as I refuse to say ''some guy''!

Started snowing about 45 mins ago..... here it comes!

Blue Mist said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Blue Mist said:
MES, Did the lights ever come back on ?

In my house there is a light that never goes out ;)

Seriously, it's like Armageddon out there and the snow hasn't even started!!!!

It took 3 hours to go to 5 different places, everywhere was rammed. The petrol station had ran out of 'gas' so I had to ''battle for a pump'' at another one, behind this twat not only filling his car up, but two containers as well! Stop & Shop had ran out of anything fresh! No one had a torch either!

Now I'm hearing no one is allowed to drive on the roads after noon Friday!
I thought this was the land of the free!

MES, I was refering to the fact that you live in Massachuses (or however it is spelt) Barry Gibb told us the lights had gone out there after some bird did a runner.

Doh! Sorry, I should have got that reference too!
(and it's Mass-a-chu-setts!) lol

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Barcon said:
I'd of gone.....

Torches
Ofi
Blackout

Moston my arse (:

You do end up saying words at work that I really don't want to say but as above, you have to change a little. Like ''put it in the bin'' just doesn't register.... so you have to say ''trash''.
Thankfully they have all got used to me saying ''some bloke'' as I refuse to say ''some guy''!

It started yesterday up here. Already a couple of deadly accidents. Funny weather, it's -8 today with a wind chill factor of -15. On monday it will be +8 degrees.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Barcon said:
I'd of gone.....

Torches
Ofi
Blackout

Moston my arse (:

bin, trash
power cuts, power outs...

What difference does it make?
It makes none

your prejudice won't keep you warm tonight, MES

But I'm still fond of you ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.