Snow storm ahead!

Chris in London said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Barcon said:
You have to conform Zin. You can only take so many years of everybody saying, "what", "pardon". I do still love to see the look on there faces when I tell them to, "turn the telly over".

Funnily enough, I put ''power cuts'' because here everyone says ''power outs''.
You do end up saying words at work that I really don't want to say but as above, you have to change a little. Like ''put it in the bin'' just doesn't register.... so you have to say ''trash''.
Thankfully they have all got used to me saying ''some bloke'' as I refuse to say ''some guy''!

Started snowing about 45 mins ago..... here it comes!

bin, trash
power cuts, power outs...

What difference does it make?
It makes none

your prejudice won't keep you warm tonight, MES

But I'm still fond of you ;)

well i shall continue with my English words and if the people stare then the people stare. I really don't know and I really don't care.

The snows well coming down now, the TV has cancelled the schedule and doing full coverage on it. I'll be pissed off if Judge Judy is postponed for some reporter in some district telling us how bad it is.
We fucking know. We can look out the window!

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Chris in London said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
You do end up saying words at work that I really don't want to say but as above, you have to change a little. Like ''put it in the bin'' just doesn't register.... so you have to say ''trash''.
Thankfully they have all got used to me saying ''some bloke'' as I refuse to say ''some guy''!

bin, trash

It makes none

well i shall continue with my English words and if the people stare then the people stare. I really don't know and I really don't care.

The snows well coming down now, the TV has cancelled the schedule and doing full coverage on it. I'll be pissed off if Judge Judy is postponed for some reporter in some district telling us how bad it is.

MES. Do you have the same as over here. Some idiot weatherman saying how nobody should venture out..... and yet he is being filmed with snow falling all around him failing to see the irony of what he is saying?
Two years ago I had to get to York from Manchester, (a 2 hour journey at worst), day one they said only an idiot would go out in this terrible weather so I didn't, nor on day 2 when only eskimos and idiots would go out. Well on day 3, and being self employed and therefore losing money, I set off at 6am for a 10 o oclock meeting. I sailed through no problem and at half eight I'm bored having read the paper and had a coffee. I've never trusted a weather person since.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Chris in London said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

bin, trash

It makes none

The original recording of hand in glove has just come on xfm

andyhinch said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Chris in London said:
bin, trash

It makes none

What? The Sandy Shaw version that Morrrrissssey & Marr nicked?

;)

Lavinda Past said:
andyhinch said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

What? The Sandy Shaw version that Morrrrissssey & Marr nicked?

;)

ha ha ha

I've just watched the wife shovelling the path and behind the car..... i felt so guilty at not doing it that i cracked open my 4th beer of the day....

The snow falls hard on a hum drum town......

Looking out onto the back deck right now.

photo_zps71d93497.jpg
]

Pigeonho said:
The Pope said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Boston / Massachusetts on full snow alert - anything from 2-3 feet tomorrow and Saturday, maybe more in the higher places.

just shows how inept this country is at dealing with snow - 1 inch and the country grinds to a standstill. I remember on the news these american tourists were shaking their heads at our incompetence.
Then we'll get to summer and after 2 days of sun they'll enforce a hosepipe ban!
It's fucking embarrassing mate.

I'd love a downpour of snow like they're about to get, just once, like a major 2-3 foot covering.

On;y got anything like that once, school closed and me my mates walked home across a golf course. We found out that the snpw the night before must have had a wind and drifted when we all fell right up to our waists in what used to be a bunker! Ace.

The Pope said:
Pigeonho said:
The Pope said:
just shows how inept this country is at dealing with snow - 1 inch and the country grinds to a standstill. I remember on the news these american tourists were shaking their heads at our incompetence.
Then we'll get to summer and after 2 days of sun they'll enforce a hosepipe ban!
It's fucking embarrassing mate.

I'd love a downpour of snow like they're about to get, just once, like a major 2-3 foot covering.

On;y got anything like that once, school closed and me my mates walked home across a golf course. We found out that the snpw the night before must have had a wind and drifted when we all fell right up to our waists in what used to be a bunker! Ace.

You've not got a large raptor flying near you by any chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.