So Ade haters will you admit you were wrong?

He played well against Lech Poznan. Let's put things in perspective here, they are about the level of a very low premier league/high championship side.

If he plays well against Arsenal and puts in a few decent shifts against premier league opposition on a rainy Tuesday in Bolton/Wigan etc - then and only then will I applaud this guy and say he has turned a corner for us.

The problem has never been what this guy can do in a one-off game, it is consistency of performance and effort. Those 2 things are really lacking up to now in his City career.

I'm not just gona blindly back a guy who clearly doesn't try hard in every game 'just cos he plays for City and we should back them all equally'. Bullshit statements from people who don't know football or when a player isn't trying. That is all I have to say. If you think I am wrong, ask the Arsenal fans what they thought when we came in with £25m for the guy, they were glad to see him go.

So well done for starting a thread saying he's 'proved everyone wrong' with his hat trick against a lesser team. He has still got a LOT to prove.

andrewsirrell said:
I was that confident ade would come good thursday I put £10 on him to score a hat trick, 20/1.

Very well done,may i now ask who inspires your confidence tomorrow.....?

FantasyIreland said:
andrewsirrell said:
I was that confident ade would come good thursday I put £10 on him to score a hat trick, 20/1.

Very well done,may i now ask who inspires your confidence tomorrow.....?
I'm fancyin a 2-1 city win 2mo, tevez and ade wiv a goal each, I fink we'll b 2-0 up till the last 10 mins then arsenal will pull 1 back and we'll b hangin on

nobody wants Ade to come good again more than me but honestly he should have scored about 7 on Thursday. his first goal was class but except for that his touch was absolutely shocking, his touch is that bad that now whenever i play football and someone has a bad touch i say 'youve got a touch as bad as adebayor'. hopefully this will push him on and he'll score more but im not too sure

Lancet Fluke said:
1) If Tevez scored 3 in a match would you even be thinking about analyzing his performance afterwards and picking at the things he did wrong?

2) If Tevez had done that beautiful drag back and turn for the first goal would you have been thinking about whether he would have been invisible if chances weren't created for him or would you have just been talking about a great piece of skill?

1) I think I would, but I would also be very forgiving as I know how hard he always works and how often he performs for us. So I would not be worried if he happened to miss a few clear chances, as he has this season by the way. Ade does not have that to fall back on.

2) I would commend him for his skill, like I do with Ade, but I would absolutely try to highlight that pass which lead to the goal.
Also, I know for a fact that Tevez works his guts out to create chances on his own (as well as being set up by others), - for Ade's that's not the case.

On his day he's a great player. His problem is that he tends to be either brilliant or terrible. He's not very good at doing the basics of leading the line. That's not such a problem if he makes up for it by scoring. But if he doesnt score his limitations tend to be more obvious.

carrconormcfc said:
Aussie! said:
Knee jerk reaction much?

He hasnt scored for months, and he when he plays he frequently loses the ball, doesnt run around, and/or gets offside.

A hattrick against one of the bottom side in the Polish league doesnt change my opinion that he is shite.
So Rooney's 7 months without a goal is just a dip in form, but Ade's 5 month drought makes him shit? Lets see how 'knee jerk' the reaction is if Rooney scores a hat-trick against some nobodys...

Put it this way, would you rather Rooney or Ade when both are on form.

Aussie! said:
carrconormcfc said:
So Rooney's 7 months without a goal is just a dip in form, but Ade's 5 month drought makes him shit? Lets see how 'knee jerk' the reaction is if Rooney scores a hat-trick against some nobodys...

Put it this way, would you rather Rooney or Ade when both are on form.
but we dont have rooney so.. yeah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.