So Ade haters will you admit you were wrong?

Neil McNab said:
Skashion said:
Ade is a good finisher. He's up there with the very best when it comes to finding the net with the ball at his feet in full stride. In fact, in that position I'd favour Ade to score rather than Tevez. But there are a lot of problems with his game. Firstly, the formation we usually play doesn't suit him therefore rarely plays well but decent players should be able to adapt and I don't think Ade does that well. Secondly, he's muscled off the ball far too easily. Thirdly, his first touch lets him down a lot. Fourthly, his movement off the ball is mediocre far too often though occasionally brilliant. Fifthly, classic confidence player I'm afraid. He needs to be doing well and enjoying his football to get the best out of him.

City fans in general are overly critical of him and many don't seem to realise it affects his game when groans go up around Eastlands when he fumbles or is easily shrugged off a ball.

I want him to start on Sunday though. Last year was one of the finest footballing displays I've seen in a blue shirt. Truly awesome that day.
You forgot the drifting offside and out wide too often, I agree though, he can be a great finisher.

I get the feeling Ade doesn't exactly work at his weaknesses and is happy to play his own game, frustrating for a manager!
That point is what I meant by not adapting to playing out of his favoured formation.

Aye, I get that feeling too. He's got so much talent but it's like forcing blood from a stone because everything has to be right for it to happen.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:37 am --<br /><br />
Lancet Fluke said:
If we have become the type of supporters who will look for reasons to abuse one of our own players on a day when he has scored a hatrick then I think it is incredibly sad.
That element was always there. It was endemic in the 90s. I'll always remember a quote from Flitcroft where he said we're the loudest booers in the land.

Matt the Giant said:
Don't "hate" Ade... but based on his performances since he got here, I am not his biggest fan, and that did not change last night. Good of him to net three, but he made many mistakes and should have netted two more.
Without Silva he would have been pretty invisible last night.

-- Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:28 am --

Don't "hate" Ade... but based on his performances since he got here, I am not his biggest fan, and that did not change last night. Good of him to net three, but he made many mistakes and should have netted two more.
Without Silva he would have been pretty invisible last night.

If Tevez scored 3 in a match would you even be thinking about analyzing his performance afterwards and picking at the things he did wrong? If Tevez had done that beautiful drag back and turn for the first goal would you have been thinking about whether he would have been invisible if chances weren't created for him or would you have just been talking about a great piece of skill? I'm not sure what drives this ultra negativity towards Adebayor. If he'd scored 5, I'm pretty sure people would have been criticising him for not scoring 6, but then nobody else at the club ever misses chances, do they.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:43 am --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
Lancet Fluke said:
If we have become the type of supporters who will look for reasons to abuse one of our own players on a day when he has scored a hatrick then I think it is incredibly sad.
That element was always there. It was endemic in the 90s. I'll always remember a quote from Flitcroft where he said we're the loudest booers in the land.

I am more than aware that we have always had boo boys but I have never heard a player in a blue shirt get shit when he has scored a hatrick and I am astonished by how negative people are managing to be about his performance last night. Silva was magnificent last night but if we think hard enough, I'm sure we can think of an occasion where he gave the ball away...

Ade was great yesterday.

His goals were clinical and fantastic

Go on Ade,

Skashion said:
Neil McNab said:
You forgot the drifting offside and out wide too often, I agree though, he can be a great finisher.

I get the feeling Ade doesn't exactly work at his weaknesses and is happy to play his own game, frustrating for a manager!
That point is what I meant by not adapting to playing out of his favoured formation.

Aye, I get that feeling too. He's got so much talent but it's like forcing blood from a stone because everything has to be right for it to happen.

-- Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:37 am --

Lancet Fluke said:
He didn't score the hat trick today, I'm talking about his long term place in the team, and as far as that goes it's quite obvious even our own manager has his doubts. Get down off your off your high horses, take your blinkers off and you may be able to see the wood for the trees!

Neil McNab said:
Skashion said:

Aye, I get that feeling too. He's got so much talent but it's like forcing blood from a stone because everything has to be right for it to happen.

-- Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:37 am --

He didn't score the hat trick today, I'm talking about his long term place in the team, and as far as that goes it's quite obvious even our own manager has his doubts. Get down off your off your high horses, take your blinkers off and you may be able to see the wood for the trees!

I don't think for one minute that Adebayor is perfect, I find him incredibly frustrating at times (and I certainly wouldn't start with him on Sunday if I was Mancini) but people around me were still being incredibly negative about him during the match despite him scoring 3. It is not me with the blinkers on, I see the good and the bad in him, the people who refuse to see the good at any cost and go out of their way to manipulate a good performance into a bad one have the blinkers on.

Lancet Fluke said:
If Tevez scored 3 in a match would you even be thinking about analyzing his performance afterwards and picking at the things he did wrong?

If Tevez missed a couple of chances and gave the ball easily i think people would pick it up. But yeah i understand your point, the good thing is that he didn't play as good as he can, and he scored 3.

Its a great confidence booster going into Arsenal and we all know he will be the most fired up out of anyone.

Constructive criticism i think and Ade knows the way to silent his critics, bag a few more goals come Sunday!

Gizew said:
Ade was great yesterday.

Go on Ade,

This.

I just think it is Ade's style, with his height he appears to just lollop about, but there's no denying he is a clinical finisher, but he is never going to tear about all over the pitch like Carlos.

I thought Ade worked hard last night spreading himself about the pitch.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Gizew said:
Ade was great yesterday.

Go on Ade,

This.

I just think it is Ade's style, with his height he appears to just lollop about, but there's no denying he is a clinical finisher, but he is never going to tear about all over the pitch like Carlos.

I thought Ade worked hard last night spreading himself about the pitch.
His goals last night were scored against a back four that would ship half a dozen per game in the PL, the marking was non existent. I don't think Mancini will be ready to trust him as a lone striker up front in the league on the strength of last night. Ade however does get stick he doesn't deserve and some he does. He isn't as lazy as some say but he needs a team playing to his strengths, which isn't a style City are playing at present.

IMO he was similar at Arsenal and i would have been happy with his goals then.Good show last night.

ade is quality,
a proven prem striker

his record when he started for us and strung a few games together was immaculate

we are lucky to have him,

good in the air and with the feet, mind you the more time he gets on the pitch the better his feet get, he first touches have been poor lately but it will get better, better than most strikers in the prem

he ads an airiel dimension to our attack, which we dont have besides for crocky rocky

trust me he is an invualable member of the squad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.