So, Dzeko wants to stay?

I agree that more often than not the ball will be played on the ground and that's how it should be. But at times when that's not working, a strike force of Tevez and Aguero doesn't give us any options. Particularly if the opposition pushes up on our full backs then Joe Hart has limited options to distribute the ball successfully when we lack any height up front. Against Newcastle I thought Edin was fantastic when he came on and his goal against QPR was the catalyst for the fight back.
Hopefully we will continue to compete on all 4 fronts next season so player rotation is going to be even more important.
TTS said:
He's a great player, but he clearly doesn't fit our system. We're never going to play more than one winger, and I'd Hazard a guess that the ball will still be played predominantly along the ground.
<br /><br />-- Fri May 18, 2012 1:33 pm --<br /><br />I agree that more often than not the ball will be played on the ground and that's how it should be. But at times when that's not working, a strike force of Tevez and Aguero doesn't give us any options. Particularly if the opposition pushes up on our full backs then Joe Hart has limited options to distribute the ball successfully when we lack any height up front. Against Newcastle I thought Edin was fantastic when he came on and his goal against QPR was the catalyst for the fight back.
Hopefully we will continue to compete on all 4 fronts next season so player rotation is going to be even more important.
TTS said:
He's a great player, but he clearly doesn't fit our system. We're never going to play more than one winger, and I'd Hazard a guess that the ball will still be played predominantly along the ground.

I agree that a lot of the time we do not play a system that suits him which makes his 19 goals even more impressive. I definitely think he should stay as he gives us a completely different plan B if needed. We would never have scored that 2nd goal the way things were going. He has earnt his right to stay and I do not see how Ibrahimovic is any more right for us.

wireblue said:
Edin really, really frustrated me this season – but watching the season’s goals on the big screens before the QPR match really hit home to me what an incredibly important role he has played in our season (not to mention keeping us in the FA cup last year). Even if he leaves the impact he has made shouldn’t be forgotten

Watching the highlights shows just how good he is when he's on form - and just how many of the goals he was involved in.

According to the OS he only started 25 games but scored 18 and had 7 assists! You feel that if the club could work on his confidence he'd be even better.

I remember reading a manager saying that every player in the top division was good enough to have the occasional 10/10 performance. The top ("top top") players were the ones who could do it most weeks. Edin plays well maybe 2 in 3 games, but at the level we're playing it needs to be even better than that, which I hope he can achieve!

Dzeko willing to stick it out and be a part of a great squad tells me he is a great teammate.

bluenova said:
wireblue said:
Edin really, really frustrated me this season – but watching the season’s goals on the big screens before the QPR match really hit home to me what an incredibly important role he has played in our season (not to mention keeping us in the FA cup last year). Even if he leaves the impact he has made shouldn’t be forgotten

Watching the highlights shows just how good he is when he's on form - and just how many of the goals he was involved in.

According to the OS he only started 25 games but scored 18 and had 7 assists! You feel that if the club could work on his confidence he'd be even better.

I remember reading a manager saying that every player in the top division was good enough to have the occasional 10/10 performance. The top ("top top") players were the ones who could do it most weeks. Edin plays well maybe 2 in 3 games, but at the level we're playing it needs to be even better than that, which I hope he can achieve!

Now that is impressive. I really like Dzeko. This guy can score so many more goals for us. Him staying is only good news for the club.

Someone is going to have to go to make way for the big striker signing that seems obvious (van Persie/Cavani/Llorente/whoever). Tevez seems quite likely but what if no one will meet the asking price/wages.

If we get some wingers in (Hazard possibly?) and he doesn't have to play with his back to goal, I think he will be one of the leagues top goal scorers next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.