So, Dzeko wants to stay?

I hope we keep the lad I think he's a great striker who will get a lot more goal next season if we play with Two wingers getting in more crosses, and work more his strengths in as a target man. I think it will be Tevez that gets the chop, witch even with all his dicking about this season is still one of the best in the world up front.

Edin is at his best bearing down on goal. For that to happen more often we need a speed merchant, which we dont have at the mo.
His first touch is poor at times, simply due to not having a sustained run of games, imo. I would keep him rather than sign RvP., seems popular with the other lads, works hard and plays for the team.

One of the most popular players in the squad and on his day unplayable....................

He could become a legend.........

bellbuzzer said:
Edin is at his best bearing down on goal. For that to happen more often we need a speed merchant, which we dont have at the mo.
His first touch is poor at times, simply due to not having a sustained run of games, imo. I would keep him rather than sign RvP., seems popular with the other lads, works hard and plays for the team.

My only knack on Roberto this season was - why play Dzeko BEHIND Aguero rather than other way around?? Never understood that, really.

Putting Dzeko in an uncomfortable advanced-midfield position when you have a guy like Aguero who, to me, is perfect for that role (good on the ball, agile, fast)??

Maybe Roberto saw that Dzeko has (and he truly does have) better vision of the field and teammates than Sergio...??? but Sergio's technique is far superior...

Whatever happens I think when Dzeko plays he should not be forced to drop back that far and distribute...especially with guys like Aguero and Tevez. Then he would be on his game.

In terms of goals and assists per minute played Dzeko was our best attacking player this season, no, not best striker, best attacking player. As assists count this brings the likes of Nasri, Silva and Yaya into it. Now I'm not for a minute saying you should look blindly at these stats and conclude he's our best player. However, by this measure he was fourth in the league behind Berbatov (who only played 512 minutes of football so not a fair reflection), Papiss Cisse and RVP. I simply cannot comprehend those who think he's a failure and this includes Dzeko fans who almost apologetically claim he needs more width and speed, true yes, but he's capable anyway. Stop apologising, you haven't been proved wrong at all.

kismet said:
One of the most popular players in the squad and on his day unplayable....................

He could become a legend.........
Arguably was only unplayable once last season

Hopefully next season will be different

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.