So if/when Mary D's closes

Is he fucking insane?!

He is a bit of an oddball.

It might be bravado on his part, although I don't think he needs the money and made his fortune from old folks homes?

Probably just brinkmanship, as the land is only worth something to City.

Nobody else is going to pay for it when the club and the council come calling at market rates with a compulsory purchase order.

By then, the value will be worth considerably less than £4m.

The surrounding maisonettes are all about to go, just as the Manchester free house across the road with the car park has already been snapped up.

I'd build another tram stop on Mary Ds and the surrounding. It's ripe for a station on that side of the stadium.

That cant be right. It just cant, surely?

His takings would suggest otherwise. It's highly profitable and takes on average between £10-15k on a match day. That makes it a £400k a year business - even during the non-existent months.

I speak to someone familiar with the business and it prints money (probably literally, haha!)

You also have to remember these bars taking such large amounts of cash tend to have two sets of books...

You never know they may build a new pub in it's place, a spoons has been muted since we moved there.

My missus old pub company initially looked at building a pub nearby some years ago. But reasoned that only a family foodie type place, like a Hungry Horse would do enough trade outside matchdays to make it viable. And then suchlike wouldn't really want hordes of footie fans in on matchdays, and scrapped the plans altogether.
Maybe 'Spoons could do something inbetween .... Size is a major problem, needs to be big enough to accommodate so many when we are at home, but then likely to be more than half empty otherwise. An upstairs area for matchdays could work.

His takings would suggest otherwise. It's highly profitable and takes on average between £10-15k on a match day. That makes it a £400k a year business - even during the non-existent months.

I speak to someone familiar with the business and it prints money (probably literally, haha!)

You also have to remember these bars taking such large amounts of cash tend to have two sets of books...
He'd have taken more if the bars were all open after the game at the weekend.

We'd done the Townley pre & walked into D's for after the game, big queues are all well & good but if you don't open enough bars people (3 of us) just had a piss & headed back to the Townley.

Reactions: ell
Some people are forgetting the Summer concerts.

And if City are going to fund a new indoor arena, as well as other leisure attractions on the Etihad Campus, then it’s worth his while to up the price of Mary D’s, if it is true about it going.

In the end he will probably negotiate a good price and accept it, or it will be CPO’d.

TBH I don’t like Mary D’s. The Beer is shite, too loud, too busy, etc. I’ do rather drink outside the Townley. Good service, decent beer, and plenty of space outside the pub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.