so i'll ask again........

The media has already judged and sentenced Balotelli - that plainly is not justice -neither is it fair-
NO ONE ABSOLUTELY NO ONE can say that Balotelli intended to stamp on Parker . There is doubt and if there is doubt he cannot be guilty .
That is what justice is like it or not

Henry Chinaski said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Henry Chinaski said:
There can be no doubt that Mario tries to stamp on him. He does have a history of doing this type of thing.

He should have been sent off.

He wasnt.

He was brought down.

He scored the penalty.

Agenda my arse.

so why no charge for peter crouches eye gouge at the weekend? come on clever dick.

i have no idea mate to be honest. Although Marios looked worse, Crouch looked like a girl having a strop, Mario was a bit snide and very nasty.

When Rooney got banned for swearing to the camera, did that amount to an agenda against the Rags?

This was posted in another thread:

hertsblue said:
This happened on the weekend. But as its not been shown on Sky, like they showed Balo's clip every 5 minutes, most people in my office didnt even know about it. Just shows that Sky not the FA determin who are disciplined and who are not by repeatidly showing clips, wheeling out anyone to comment.

Notice, no word from the FA yet on this but quick to Ban Balo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66_A9HWy6Ag[/youtube]

I just don't see how you can explain the decision to charge Balotelli - whose kick at Parker may have been unintentional - when you don't charge this, which cannot be anything other than intentional.

Unless you make your decision about who to charge on the basis of what the media has concentrated on.

Balotelli, had just struck a shot, he was off balance, falling over and was not even looking at Parker, so how anyone can say definitively it was deliberate is beyond me.

Unfortunately too many people are influenced by the media, those pundits love the fact that they have this power to influence public opinion and the power they weild.

Just one further question. How come there are tens of cameras in the ground and yet we have only been shown one angle? Couldn't possibly be that other angles could serve to prove conclusively that it wasn't deliberate?

It stinks to high heaven how some people don't even question why so many contentious decisions are happening in our games week in week out, virtually every game recently is beyond me. Even since the 'agenda' thread we have had the Figueroa non sending off and now trial by camera on an incident that absolutely no one, including the referee commented on at the time.

I don't know what we can do, but the least us City fans can do is highlight the injustices on here. The evidence will continue to mount.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-homophobic-Twitter-rant-Anthony-Cotton.html

Former Manchester City and England defender Michael ball has been fined by the FA for sending homophobic tweets to Coronation Street star Anthony Cotton.

Ball has also had his contract terminated by Leicester City - but it is understood this decision was made on footballing grounds.

The 32-year-old posted the insulting comment on Twitter during Cotton's appearance on I'm A Celebrity last November.
Fined: Ball has been punished by the FA for a homophobic tweet

He said: 'That f****** queer. Get back to your sewing machine in Corrie, you moaning b******.'

The FA was alerted to the tweet – later deleted – and charged him with bringing the game into disrepute. The fine represents the highest the authority has ever handed out for homophobia.

Ball joined Leicester City on a one-year deal with a one-year option subject to Football League approval last August.
Attacked: Cotton was the subject of the tweet which landed Ball in trouble

The 31-year-old had been out of the game since leaving Manchester City in 2009 but knew then manager Sven Goran Eriksson from his time there and earned his only England cap under the Swede in 2001.

Ball started his career at Everton and played for Rangers and PSV Eindhoven before moving to Manchester.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2091029/Michael-Ball-fined-homophobic-Twitter-rant-Anthony-Cotton.html#ixzz1kNOHBmI0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1kNOHBmI0</a>

Haha how an earth are we affiliated with him before Everton. yet another dig and drag us threw the mud.

Ticket For Schalke said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-homophobic-Twitter-rant-Anthony-Cotton.html

Former Manchester City and England defender Michael ball has been fined by the FA for sending homophobic tweets to Coronation Street star Anthony Cotton.

Ball has also had his contract terminated by Leicester City - but it is understood this decision was made on footballing grounds.

The 32-year-old posted the insulting comment on Twitter during Cotton's appearance on I'm A Celebrity last November.

He said: 'That f****** queer. Get back to your sewing machine in Corrie, you moaning b******.'

The FA was alerted to the tweet – later deleted – and charged him with bringing the game into disrepute. The fine represents the highest the authority has ever handed out for homophobia.

Ball joined Leicester City on a one-year deal with a one-year option subject to Football League approval last August.

The 31-year-old had been out of the game since leaving Manchester City in 2009 but knew then manager Sven Goran Eriksson from his time there and earned his only England cap under the Swede in 2001.

Ball started his career at Everton and played for Rangers and PSV Eindhoven before moving to Manchester.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2091029/Michael-Ball-fined-homophobic-Twitter-rant-Anthony-Cotton.html#ixzz1kNOHBmI0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1kNOHBmI0</a>

Haha how an earth are we affiliated with him before Everton. yet another dig and drag us threw the mud.

Because you're a much bigger club! If he'd have played for United even for just one season it would have read 'Former Manchester United and England defender Michael Ball'.

It's a headline. Less people give a f**k about Everton.

Hooray, we're now the dirtiest team in the league! The new Crazy Gang is born!

foulstable.jpg

kevodevo said:
The media has already judged and sentenced Balotelli - that plainly is not justice -neither is it fair-
NO ONE ABSOLUTELY NO ONE can say that Balotelli intended to stamp on Parker . There is doubt and if there is doubt he cannot be guilty .
That is what justice is like it or not

Thats what Lee Dixon said on MOTD. he's the only pundit that has stuck up for Mario and given him the benefit of the doubt.

LoveCity said:
Hooray, we're now the dirtiest team in the league! The new Crazy Gang is born!

foulstable.jpg

No Europa via the fair play league then this season

LittleStan said:
City has changed the status quo of the premier league and there can be no doubt about this. City plays really nice football and has come through the ‘testing’ period when most people expected them to crumble, the doubters have been shown to be wrong.

Here’s a thought.

People are uncomfortable with change, especially if they have no control over it and people generally hate to be proven wrong.

Couple this with an inefficient organisation that is the FA and we have inconsistent decisions and people open to outside influence.

Is this an agenda? I don’t think so, just people reacting to a situation they cannot control.
The media, fans, FA, UEFA and everybody else who are uncomfortable will be used to it next year and our position will be part of the norm.

I suspect our owners know this and I wholly expect them to make the right decisions.

bumping this becasue I think it is valid and we should calm down, accept where we are and move on.

but then where's the fun in that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.