so i'll ask again........

de niro said:
even the rags on here will be agreeing soon. there is a definate agenda against our club. the 6-1 really opened their eyes to what damage we could do to their cash cow if we aren't stopped.

and we dare not have that.

Wow, a remarkable statement. Is this RAWK?

camelcoat said:
de niro said:
even the rags on here will be agreeing soon. there is a definate agenda against our club. the 6-1 really opened their eyes to what damage we could do to their cash cow if we aren't stopped.

and we dare not have that.

Wow, a remarkable statement. Is this RAWK?

Fook me,thought you'd been banned.

Davs 19 said:
I've posted on this thread previously saying there is no agenda, we need to lose the paranoia and the chip on our shoulders, every team gets a run of bad decisions etc...........

Apologies. I was wrong.
Davs 19, you wont be the last to realise whats going on but the depressing thing is , theres absolutely nothing the fans or the club can do about it.

ballinio said:
Davis 19 said:
I've posted on this thread previously saying there is no agenda, we need to lose the paranoia and the chip on our shoulders, every team gets a run of bad decisions etc...........

Apologies. I was wrong.
Davis 19, you wont be the last to realise whats going on but the depressing thing is , there's absolutely nothing the fans or the club can do about it.

i'd like dave and anyone like him to provide instances of any other team past or present that have been subject to such an amount of "bad decisions" and subsequent bans.

Dirty Harry said:
strongbowholic said:
I don't think the agenda is 'anti City', I think whoever was in our position - Villa, Everton etc - would be on the receiving end of similar. I think it's more a case of protectionism for United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, establishment snobbery (nouveau riche, arrivistes etc) and an element of racism.

We're just going to have to soldier on though it all and hope our quality eventually tells. Bloody hard work though and I still feel the same as I did last night.

I don't feel any sense of injustice at not beating Everton, my ire is directed solely at incompetent officials.

For me I think that's nearer the truth, it's almost as if we haven't 'served our time' or 'earned our spurs' yet so don't 'derserve' to go straight in and start winning major honours,(Tottenham may be in a slightly similar position I feel, but nowhere near as bad).

These types of things just seem to irk some people, seems very much like in any place of work where you get the mainstay and original pecking order and all of a sudden, someone new and 'fresh' comes in and starts getting attention, climbing the promotion ladder etc, there's a huge element of resentment, envy and jealousy from the people who have been around in the business or knocking on the door for a while, it happens in all walks of life so I don't see why football should be the only one that has a different attitude to this type of thing.

Spot on as usual DH. I've previously used the example of nouveau riche industrialists in the Victorian era moving to live near old money.

At first they are looked down upon and possibly even shunned by their disgusted neighbours. Move on a generation and his kids have been to boarding school and everyone is desperate for an invite to Christmas Eve drinks round theirs.

Snobbery is usually a very transient thing, especially when the person who is subject to the snobbery has a lot of money and manages to conduct himself with a bit of dignity.

We will be part of the establishment within a decade.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Dirty Harry said:
strongbowholic said:
I don't think the agenda is 'anti City', I think whoever was in our position - Villa, Everton etc - would be on the receiving end of similar. I think it's more a case of protectionism for United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, establishment snobbery (nouveau riche, arrivistes etc) and an element of racism.

We're just going to have to soldier on though it all and hope our quality eventually tells. Bloody hard work though and I still feel the same as I did last night.

I don't feel any sense of injustice at not beating Everton, my ire is directed solely at incompetent officials.

For me I think that's nearer the truth, it's almost as if we haven't 'served our time' or 'earned our spurs' yet so don't 'derserve' to go straight in and start winning major honours,(Tottenham may be in a slightly similar position I feel, but nowhere near as bad).

These types of things just seem to irk some people, seems very much like in any place of work where you get the mainstay and original pecking order and all of a sudden, someone new and 'fresh' comes in and starts getting attention, climbing the promotion ladder etc, there's a huge element of resentment, envy and jealousy from the people who have been around in the business or knocking on the door for a while, it happens in all walks of life so I don't see why football should be the only one that has a different attitude to this type of thing.

Spot on as usual DH. I've previously used the example of nouveau riche industrialists in the Victorian era moving to live near old money.

At first they are looked down upon and possibly even shunned by their disgusted neighbours. Move on a generation and his kids have been to boarding school and everyone is desperate for an invite to Christmas Eve drinks round theirs.

Snobbery is usually a very transient thing, especially when the person who is subject to the snobbery has a lot of money and manages to conduct himself with a bit of dignity.

MCFC = Mikey Carroll Football Club ;-)

Dirty Harry said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Dirty Harry said:

MCFC = Mikey Carroll Football Club ;-)

Funnily enough I was thinking about him as I was typing. It must have been the word dignity that was the trigger ;-)

I think there are some people who everyone can justifiably look down on :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.