so what do we do?

Trigger said:
Maybe we should make the date joined and number of posts posted invisible.

It makes not one jot of difference when you joined or how many posts you have on how much knowledge you have or how much of a City fan you are!

I think you've completely missed the point.

lost_n_spaced said:
Mancborn said:
lost_n_spaced said:
Nope, to be ITK on everything we are working on. If it's only at negotiation stage people outside teh club wouldnt know. It's not like we use the same intermediaries or deal with the same agents on every deal. It's not like travel agents would know, or limo drivers, or hotel bookers. So how TH knows everything on all of our targets (remember 'coming in 3's' ?) then god only knows........

-- Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:46 am --

OK, that lkast one is nonsense on a bunch of levels. Marketing agencies genuinely do not have the stuff in stock sitting in a warehouse on their premises. they would not be asked to destroy something until he was out of the door, either. That is sooooooooooooo, friend of a friend of a firends lasses dog, that it's funny.........

Its not wrong, worked in marketing, involved is a hush hush merger. We had a load of material - t shirts, banners, adverts etc all lined up for when it was announced, we had to pulp the lot. - But we didn't have the inside scope on what went on at the top table

Point is that you would not have it on your premises (as the manufacture or storage would take place at a different site), and you would not have been asked to pulp the lot until it was signed, sealed and delivered. And yep, you wouldnt have had the knowledge of what was going on at the top table.

Don't talk rubbish! My brother owns his own sign company and is forever exchanging proofs with clients. So they would have pictures on file ready to go at a moments notice.

He has had campaigns called off halfway through production as well, so everything can change in an instant.

LongsightM13 said:
Don't think so. There has been plenty of slagging of newer/less frequent posters. Perhaps not by you but certainly by others.

And do you not understand the point? Any blue is entitled an opinion on anything in the world should they so wish to have one but why does it seem like most of the people having a pop at TH seem to be the ones that have either been here 5 minutes or have posted very little. If they have 20 posts in over a year, a year in which we've won the league, why feel the need to start doubling or trebling their post count to act like some kind of sarcastic vigilante for the forum to protect itself against the evil of the ITK enemy? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever for me.

mad zab said:
lost_n_spaced said:
Mancborn said:
Its not wrong, worked in marketing, involved is a hush hush merger. We had a load of material - t shirts, banners, adverts etc all lined up for when it was announced, we had to pulp the lot. - But we didn't have the inside scope on what went on at the top table

Point is that you would not have it on your premises (as the manufacture or storage would take place at a different site), and you would not have been asked to pulp the lot until it was signed, sealed and delivered. And yep, you wouldnt have had the knowledge of what was going on at the top table.

Don't talk rubbish! My brother owns his own sign company and is forever exchanging proofs with clients. So they would have pictures on file ready to go at a moments notice.

He has campaigns called off halfway through production as well, so everything can change in an instant.
Rubbish is all he can talk mate its unbelievable

To be fair I think it seems a little unfair for this only to be brought up because this time it was an 'established poster' such as Tolmies Hairdoo who took some abuse. How often do we see someone with very little posts claim to be in 'ITK' and post a rumour only to be shot down and mocked? Nobody stood up for them or threatened to close the transfer forum when they took some flak.

I think people would appreciate an explanation from
Tolmie as to how he got his info so wrong consenting the club haven't even made an official enquiry about him.

The tension and bitchiness on this forum is born out of fustration that City haven't signed anyone. Some get their hopes up, then dashed and as a result take it out on others.

The likes of Tolmie etc are good for this forum, and like it or not know more than us. Just because a deal isn't agreed with said player doesnt mean Tolmie or whoever are wrong. Getting from stage 1 (showing an interest) to stage 10 (putting pen to paper) is an incredibly complex thing probably with a 20% success rate.

That's just MY opinion, not a rant, or a preach, just my personal slant on things.

Sorry in advance for any offence caused ;)

LongsightM13 said:
The Flash said:
It's Stillsy's fault. He got everyone wound up with his Hotting Up thread so it was only a matter of time before it kicked off.

And whilst we haven't signed Sinclair, it's clear that we are interested and we have registered our intent, so fair play to Tolmie as no-one else knew at that point. So there's really no need for the beef as he was correct about the player, if a little off with the bid/fee.

An issue I do have with TH however, is the fact I had Cilla Black singing "Surprise, Surprise" in my head all fucking day yesterday. Bastard!
Not casting any aspersions here whatsoever, but the Sinclair link was in many of the Sunday papers and then Nixon of the Mirror tweeted and then wrote a story about it, all before Tolmie contributed to the thread. To say nobody knew is not correct

Exactly. And not to cast any more aspersions, there's a thread in the classics started by TH saying Hughes would be sacked later that day. Info that proved to be 100% correct but not an earth-shattering exclusive as it was also on the back page of The Sun that same morning TH posted it on here.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
lost_n_spaced said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Here is the entire issue laid bare. A rather self-satisfied, arrogant posting that you have me weighed, measured and wanting.

You have rocked up and decided in less than 100 posts to make assumptions way above your pay grade.

For you to be a threat, I would need to consider you an equal on the subject matter in hand.

The PM offer is a genuine one, one where I can regulate it, further. As for flouncing off, try reading my post, simply stating I would enjoy the rest of what Blue Moon has to offer.

As for Sinclair, I was able to pick up a telephone, which is more than most on here can.

Once again TH, read your own post.

You accuse me of being arrogant yet, later in your post, say that you do not consider me an equal on the subject matter in hand.

I would say that the lack of coming to fruition of your statements / clues from yesterday (and earlier in the transfer window) make us EXACTLY equals.

No idea what 100 posts or pay grade has to do with it either, to be honest (but, by the by, I think that I'd be at least equal to you there. Neither arrogance nor a source of argument, just a statement).

That's fair enough, in parts, reading it back.

With regards my 'statements' in this window, is it shut yet?

Depends what your definition of an 'ITK' is. Mine is being able to inform, update and use what I have at my disposal.

That puts me at a distinct advantange to most.

Repeatedly, I have people telling half-truths, make fake postings in my name, even state I have had a hand in someone losing their savings.

I don't see what people with sarcasm and agenda get out of it.

I get fuck all out of being on here, except negativity, which is draining.

PMs, if nothing else, will relegate the argument I desire a public audience.

I get that elsewhere.

Geez. The bloke who bet 500 quid on your supposed ITK info was evidently brain damaged. Nowt to do with you at all.

I recognise that you may post stuff that you may hear off someone. I recognise that your ITKness has been built up by certain fellow posters (not an awful lot to do with you).

If anything, and as I have said a million times, I defend your right to post your 'info'.

I also, however, defend MY right to call you on something when - god forbid - you are specific and it doesn't come off. From the non shutness of the window, one feels that you will probably try to claim credit for anyone that we do bring in. PT Barnum was right.

The Flash said:
LongsightM13 said:
The Flash said:
It's Stillsy's fault. He got everyone wound up with his Hotting Up thread so it was only a matter of time before it kicked off.

And whilst we haven't signed Sinclair, it's clear that we are interested and we have registered our intent, so fair play to Tolmie as no-one else knew at that point. So there's really no need for the beef as he was correct about the player, if a little off with the bid/fee.

An issue I do have with TH however, is the fact I had Cilla Black singing "Surprise, Surprise" in my head all fucking day yesterday. Bastard!
Not casting any aspersions here whatsoever, but the Sinclair link was in many of the Sunday papers and then Nixon of the Mirror tweeted and then wrote a story about it, all before Tolmie contributed to the thread. To say nobody knew is not correct

Either way, I'm not arsed.

But Cilla Black and her buck-tooth grid shouting Surprise Surprise at me all day is something I could have done without.

Although that may have more to do with how much my psyche hates me.

Cilla+Black+article1089804029C4EB0000005DC.jpg

check them bad boys out :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.