so what do we do?

ForzaMancini said:
To be fair I think it seems a little unfair for this only to be brought up because this time it was an 'established poster' such as Tolmies Hairdoo who took some abuse. How often do we see someone with very little posts claim to be in 'ITK' and post a rumour only to be shot down and mocked? Nobody stood up for them or threatened to close the transfer forum when they took some flak.

Still can't seen any "abuse" directed at TH - can anyone ? Where is it ?

I don't know who TH is or what he does for a living. I do know he's got some things correct and some things incorrect, which leads to me believe he is genuinely ITK to a point. Fair enough. I personally don't like the vids he posts, they are too vague and leave him open to criticism. I'd rather he simply posted what he knew.

But really, think about it, and ask yourself, does it really fucking matter?

jay_mcfc said:
LongsightM13 said:
Don't think so. There has been plenty of slagging of newer/less frequent posters. Perhaps not by you but certainly by others.

And do you not understand the point? Any blue is entitled an opinion on anything in the world should they so wish to have one but why does it seem like most of the people having a pop at TH seem to be the ones that have either been here 5 minutes or have posted very little. If they have 20 posts in over a year, a year in which we've won the league, why feel the need to start doubling or trebling their post count to act like some kind of sarcastic vigilante for the forum to protect itself against the evil of the ITK enemy? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever for me.
Well, I think you're talking i specifics about one or two individuals in particular. I was talking more in general terms that there was some stuff flung at people simply because of a low post count.
I'll leave it there because this thread is getting ridiculous now. People, you and me included, are now actually arguing about arguments.
I think we all need to take a deep breath. We are getting as bad as Brooklands vs Didactic. And that is not a good thing

ForzaMancini said:
To be fair I think it seems a little unfair for this only to be brought up because this time it was an 'established poster' such as Tolmies Hairdoo who took some abuse. How often do we see someone with very little posts claim to be in 'ITK' and post a rumour only to be shot down and mocked? Nobody stood up for them or threatened to close the transfer forum when they took some flak.

Well one quite recent one simply posted 'fee agreed', then disappeared and wouldn't back it up with anything, then had the nerve to call everyone 'moaning little bitches', acting like a 12 year old wum, some bring it on themselves and dont deserve to be stood up for.

lost_n_spaced said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
lost_n_spaced said:
Once again TH, read your own post.

You accuse me of being arrogant yet, later in your post, say that you do not consider me an equal on the subject matter in hand.

I would say that the lack of coming to fruition of your statements / clues from yesterday (and earlier in the transfer window) make us EXACTLY equals.

No idea what 100 posts or pay grade has to do with it either, to be honest (but, by the by, I think that I'd be at least equal to you there. Neither arrogance nor a source of argument, just a statement).

That's fair enough, in parts, reading it back.

With regards my 'statements' in this window, is it shut yet?

Depends what your definition of an 'ITK' is. Mine is being able to inform, update and use what I have at my disposal.

That puts me at a distinct advantange to most.

Repeatedly, I have people telling half-truths, make fake postings in my name, even state I have had a hand in someone losing their savings.

I don't see what people with sarcasm and agenda get out of it.

I get fuck all out of being on here, except negativity, which is draining.

PMs, if nothing else, will relegate the argument I desire a public audience.

I get that elsewhere.

Geez. The bloke who bet 500 quid on your supposed ITK info was evidently brain damaged. Nowt to do with you at all.

I recognise that you may post stuff that you may hear off someone. I recognise that your ITKness has been built up by certain fellow posters (not an awful lot to do with you).

If anything, and as I have said a million times, I defend your right to post your 'info'.

I also, however, defend MY right to call you on something when - god forbid - you are specific and it doesn't come off. From the non shutness of the window, one feels that you will probably try to claim credit for anyone that we do bring in. PT Barnum was right.

PT Barnum? Was he 'in the know'?

So what do we do?

Crack open a "what shall we do" thread and watch the site traffic flow! It's win win as by the time this thread dies TH will have manned up and be back feeding the masses again.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
mad zab said:
lost_n_spaced said:
Point is that you would not have it on your premises (as the manufacture or storage would take place at a different site), and you would not have been asked to pulp the lot until it was signed, sealed and delivered. And yep, you wouldnt have had the knowledge of what was going on at the top table.

Don't talk rubbish! My brother owns his own sign company and is forever exchanging proofs with clients. So they would have pictures on file ready to go at a moments notice.

He has campaigns called off halfway through production as well, so everything can change in an instant.
Rubbish is all he can talk mate its unbelievable

A sign company is not the same as a marketing company (just to be clear), and you also would not trash stuff until it was certain.

What the OP was talking about was that RvP was supposed to be on some marketing material (probably for the new kit if my guess is right) and they decided - as Spurs have done with Modric - not to put him on 'just in case'.

That is not proof that he is leaving and CERTAINLY isn't proof as to his final destination. It's what is called financial conservatism on behalf of Arsenal Football club.

But that's probably rubbish.

ForzaMancini said:

It's the difference between having a reputation of being right many, many times over (TH isn't the only one btw, we've had a few over the years) and not having any history at all.

There was a very short period of time under Hughes where I myself got some information on Wayne Bridge and Roque Santa Cruz signing I think. I got the praise and was put on the list but then I was told we were all in on Buffon and I posted that he was going to sign. We know how that went, I got stick but thankfully I never got any info again so was never a problem.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
lost_n_spaced said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Depends what your definition of an 'ITK' is. Mine is being able to inform, update and use what I have at my disposal.

Repeatedly, I have people telling half-truths, make fake postings in my name, even state I have had a hand in someone losing their savings.

I get that elsewhere.

Geez. The bloke who bet 500 quid on your supposed ITK info was evidently brain damaged. Nowt to do with you at all.

I recognise that you may post stuff that you may hear off someone. I recognise that your ITKness has been built up by certain fellow posters (not an awful lot to do with you).

If anything, and as I have said a million times, I defend your right to post your 'info'.

I also, however, defend MY right to call you on something when - god forbid - you are specific and it doesn't come off. From the non shutness of the window, one feels that you will probably try to claim credit for anyone that we do bring in. PT Barnum was right.

No. He was "In The Show"...

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
lost_n_spaced said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I get that elsewhere.

'There's a sucker born every minute'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.