so what do we do?

I think I did read most of it and from what I read and I didn't see any abuse, just a couple of posters questioning tolmie's info which is fair enough, all things considered. Why not just confront the points they make or ignore them, rather than storm off again?

hgblue said:
lost_n_spaced said:
Also, as many of you on here, I also go on other MCFC related forums.

There is one that has a poster who is one of our current players' close friends (i.e. he can actually pick up the phone and talk to him).

Even HE doesn't get info on who our targets are etc., so quite how TH does I have no idea.

This other poster gets info only when the deal is done yet perhaps not announced to the press yet.

I can't see what possible harm is being done by people posting transfer gossip and speculation in a Forum that has been created for transfer gossip and speculation? As for ITKs, if you don't believe anybody gets any inside info, then that's just fine for you. Probably a bit pointless you being on here really?

You have to admit the transfer forum is pure comedy gold. That's why I read it

lost_n_spaced said:

There is one that has a poster who is one of our current players' close friends (i.e. he can actually pick up the phone and talk to him).

Even HE doesn't get info on who our targets are etc., so quite how TH does I have no idea.

This other poster gets info only when the deal is done yet perhaps not announced to the press yet.

You've just highlighted your ignorance on these matters right there.

Players are always the last to know about anything regarding transfers.

Whereas TH does know but is not in a position where he can pass the information on.
Which leaves him with two choices -
Not post at all or do so in the form of allusion.

Fair play to him for choosing the latter, a courtesy that most appreciate.

Unfortunately there's always some hysterical virgins that ruin it.

People need to give their head a shake.

The fawning over TH is embarrassing, but so is the abuse he gets. People just need to make up their own opinion and nothing else should matter, if you believe him - fine but the amount of posts similar to "where is tolmie we need him" is embarrassing. On the same scale, anything that doesn't come to fruition, calling him a cnut for it, is equally as bad. Just stick to your opinion and read the forum without being so fucking dramatic, either way.

I have my own personal opinion of TH, I think he's one of these that comes by 'some' information, and then plays on it when the masses start to follow (which they do in force on here). He's very clever in that he posts stuff, without actually posting anything, and then states it as personal opinion if he's called out. I think he dropped a bollock yesterday by jumping on a bandwagon which proved to be false. Whatever he says, can always be interpreted differently, he is clever in what he does.

Now, that's my view on him and I'm well within my rights to say that, but to give him personal abuse is fucking ridiculous and anyone that does should be banned without hesitation. Everyone on here is quite capable of expressing an opinion without resorting to that sort of shit. It really is quite amazing how dramatic some are on here, it's like a menstrual cycle support group.

As for Tolmie, he'll be back, don't worry.

The thing is, people like TH, Danamy etc just want to pass on info they've acquired because they feel it would be interesting to fellow blues on a 'do with it what you will' type of way.

The genuinely interested and 'normal' posters sometimes ask for more info/opinions from TH/Danamy to continue the discussion in the spirit of speculation/rumours for which the Transfer Forum is intended.

However, there are also some very argumentative, antagonistic 'look at me' characters who seem to be inexplicably addicted to posting personal attacks to the 'gossip givers' and will stop at nothing to 'out' someone they feel is worth picking on because they don't believe the info. I'd be intrigued if any of these people are religious. If they aren't I can only assume they are equally annoying to their local vicar on the subject of Jesus!

Anyway, at this time of year, as sad as it may seem, the Transfer Forum is actually part of my daily ritual and I find myself looking for TH's/Danamy's posts because they are both entertaining and interesting to read but above all, their 'snippets' are always passed on in GOOD FAITH.

So, as someone before suggested, let's just have a thread that only people with mod approved credibility can post in. That way we just get the posts most of us like reading but in a concentrated form. If anyone wants to find out more, PM them.

Lucky Toma said:
lost_n_spaced said:

You've just highlighted your ignorance on these matters right there.

Players are always the last to know about anything regarding transfers.

Whereas TH does know but is not in a position where he can pass the information on.
Which leaves him with two choices -
Not post at all or do so in the form of allusion.

Fair play to him for choosing the latter, a courtesy that most appreciate.

Unfortunately there's always some hysterical virgins that ruin it.

How do you know he knows?

To me it's quite simple - have a sticky thread at the top of the page, any ITK information goes in that one thread.

If it's false or just doesn't materialise (on more than 50% of the users posts) or an obvious WUM then the user gets banned, anyone abusing the people in that or any other thread get banned. Discussions on individual players go in a separate thread to talk about the merits or downfalls of that player.

That way true ITKer's and WUM's will be identified quickly, we all know people like Tolmie's Hairdoo won't get things 100% but he's been fucking good in the past and doesn't deserve the abuse.

We all know who this is about - Personally the forum is cr*p without him.

I think what hacks some people off myself included is that anyone else who post info gets abuse / called a WUM, yet Tolmie can post just about anything and is supported.

I can't understand why people who think its all rubish just don't leave the transfer forum alone because 99% of it is just that.

IMO the straw that broke the camels back,was probably down to the poster accusing Tolmie of losing someone`s hard earned £500 savings on a transfer that he took at face value and plonked all of his money at the bookies,but lost.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
So who was at fault there then ??

markbmcfc said:
People need to give their head a shake.

The fawning over TH is embarrassing, but so is the abuse he gets. People just need to make up their own opinion and nothing else should matter, if you believe him - fine but the amount of posts similar to "where is tolmie we need him" is embarrassing. On the same scale, anything that doesn't come to fruition, calling him a cnut for it, is equally as bad. Just stick to your opinion and read the forum without being so fucking dramatic, either way.

I have my own personal opinion of TH, I think he's one of these that comes by 'some' information, and then plays on it when the masses start to follow (which they do in force on here). He's very clever in that he posts stuff, without actually posting anything, and then states it as personal opinion if he's called out. I think he dropped a bollock yesterday by jumping on a bandwagon which proved to be false. Whatever he says, can always be interpreted differently, he is clever in what he does.

Now, that's my view on him and I'm well within my rights to say that, but to give him personal abuse is fucking ridiculous and anyone that does should be banned without hesitation. Everyone on here is quite capable of expressing an opinion without resorting to that sort of shit. It really is quite amazing how dramatic some are on here, it's like a menstrual cycle support group.

As for Tolmie, he'll be back, don't worry.

This

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.