So who do we want in the semi?

Mike N

Regardless of who gets through tonight, all of the opponents could be seen as a tricky tie. Got a feeling it will be Liverpool and the press can all get excited about the prospect of a merseyside final.

Either way it promises to be interesting between now and when we win the League Cup again!

think we'll beat any team we come across but wouldn't be mad if Liverpool got knocked out tonight.

anyone know how many we would get for Everton and where we would be allocated? all the way along the side or behind a goal because we'd get more?

Stoke or Southampton if they get through tonight.

We should have enough to beat anyone over two legs, but we seem to have a bit of a mental hurdle with Liverpool. It looks like we've got over Everton being our bogey team, but they'd give us two difficult games too.

Hopefully, Southampton win tonight and then I'm quite happy about any possible semi-final/final opponents.

I always always put on these threads that I want the easiest tie possible. But in this case I would actualyl rather have the hardest one- Liverpool - because over two legs we are much less prone to a slip-up. Whilst I'd like to tonk them in the final, I'd have a bit of a bad feeling about it to be honest. They don't suit us, particularly with Klopp in charge and his pressing tactics.

Stoke or Southampton for me too

It gets difficult now, because the desire of other clubs to win and get to Wembley exceeds ours with the possible exception of players like Delph

Winning a League Cup Q/F used to be a huge deal for City fans, but now its routine and expected which is overall a good thing as it means we have progressed, but intensity and desire in a Cup game can be a leveller. It might not be enough for weak clubs to bridge the gap in quality, but all the remaining clubs are capable of beating us over 2 legs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.