So who do we want in the semi?

We seem to do ok against teams beginning with S playing in red and white stripes at Wembley these days, so I'd like to save one of them for the final, hopefully if Liverpool go out tonight we should be confident against any of the others over 2 legs.

Logically Southampton and Everton are pretty equal and Stoke are weaker so Stoke in the semi and the winner of the other tie in the final.

If Liverpool get through it's harder to call. I fear the referring against them and the nightmare would be the second leg being at Anfield. Having said which the longer the distance the better for us and I think they'd beat either Everton or Stoke over two legs so we'd face them in the final. If they go through I guess I'd want to draw them now but only if we're at home for the second leg, if not, I'd take Stoke.

It makes sense to want the most difficult opponent over 2 legs and the easiest opponent in a one-off game. So I want Liverpool. If Liverpool don't win tonight, then Everton or Southampton. I have more confidence that we can take them over two games than in a one-off final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.