So why did Mancini drop Lescot for Kolo?

jimharri said:
StMark's said:
CL experience (65 games v 0) and Kolo is more comfortable in possession.
Not last night. KT was all over the place.
Didn't say I agreed with the decision. I was answering the question posed by the OP. I would have stuck with Lescott personally as he's in good form and a lot more match practice.

jimharri said:
StMark's said:
kolo has had just one competitive game in over six months, and that was against the mighty brum last week
just why was lescott out when he's been the best centre back this season?

Toure wasnt good enough before his ban, god knows why he thought he would be able to effortlessly slip back in alongside Vinny in such a big important game. Not having the Champions League experience argument, Lescott is an England international not a 20 year old still learning his trade. If he had been playing poorly then I'd have said fair enough but for me he has been one of our best performers this season and has actually been better than Vince, who hasnt quite hit the heights of last season yet. Hopefully Mancini will realise his mistake and it will be Lescott back in on Saturday.

StMark's said:
jimharri said:
StMark's said:
Didn't say I agreed with the decision. I was answering the question posed by the OP. I would have stuck with Lescott personally as he's in good form and a lot more match practice.
Fair point. Humble apologies,

The dust has not settled on this one

But to answer your question maybe more pace maybe more cl experience. Who knows

The reason I say it's not settled is my hope that you will back RM. This in my opinion is a fucking big deal at our club and potentially a tipping point.

This is only a forum and not a match but get behind the boys including the manager.

I think he did it mainly because of Kolo's high Champions League experience, and also maybe because he wanted to be seen as acknowledging the need for squad rotation (although that's not the change I would have made, would have been more likely to play Milner instead of Yaya).

Might also have been to help Toure return to fitness, although it really wasn't the right game to be trying to do that.

Problem is, players like Lescott aren't going to get the experience Kolo has unless they play. It was a difficult situation. I think he made the wrong decision, you can't really replace someone who has been excellent for the past six months for someone who has played one game in the last six months, in such a big game as that was. Bit unfair on Lescott as well, would have been a good reward for his excellent form to have played in such a big game.

Kolo is a better ball player, and can cope better against tricky, pacy players.
(I am not saying he is good at it, just saying he is better then Lescott at it)

Lescott is a lot better suited for the English league, but he is cringe worthy too look at when there's a bit of pressure for him to make a good pass.
The mistake was Kolo haven't played for a while, and Lescott have.

jimharri said:
StMark's said:
jimharri said:
Fair point. Humble apologies,
No worries mate. I understand the need for rotation when needed, but for me I would never rotate centre backs and goalkeeper unless they are carrying a knock.

l back Mancini but he got this badly wrong. If Tevez had not happened, there would have been much more made of this.

Lescott back in for Saturday please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.