So why did Mancini drop Lescot for Kolo?

20sbc07 said:
kolo at his best is 100x better than Lescott at his best.

Unfortunately for Mancini, Kolo isn't back to his best yet.
Kolo's best was nearly 8 fucking years ago and he'll never be that good again. Lescott is at his best right now and is playing fucking top class football, be should have played and still should play ahead of Kolo in all big games.

After two embarrassing performances around December last season (Stoke away and Everton at home) Kolo Toure's starting XI place in a big game career was over!

danburge82 said:
20sbc07 said:
kolo at his best is 100x better than Lescott at his best.

Unfortunately for Mancini, Kolo isn't back to his best yet.
Kolo's best was nearly 8 fucking years ago and he'll never be that good again. Lescott is at his best right now and is playing fucking top class football, be should have played and still should play ahead of Kolo in all big games.

After two embarrassing performances around December last season (Stoke away and Everton at home) Kolo Toure's starting XI place in a big game career was over!

Stoke away? You mean that ONE moment were he lumped the ball forward in the dying minutes which resulted in their equaliser (even though we could've defended better when the ball came back into our half)? I'm sure Lescott has had his moments as well. Thankfully, the manager doesn't think his career is over. He played well enough against Bayern for me but the whole team was poor after 30 minutes.

I back Mancini but this was a poor decision. Away to Bayern Munich he throws Kolo back in? Talk about right back in the fire after months without a big match.

Shocking really. And we are talking about the CB duo here. This needed to be calm and steady. No changes, as they would surely come under pressure in a difficult away fixture like this.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:04 pm --<br /><br />I back Mancini but this was a poor decision. Away to Bayern Munich he throws Kolo back in? Talk about right back in the fire after months without a big match.

Shocking really. And we are talking about the CB duo here. This needed to be calm and steady. No changes, as they would surely come under pressure in a difficult away fixture like this.

I was at the gym last night and Citys goaly coach was having a sauna and got talking to him about various things about Munich etc. He said Lescott is having quite a lot of knee problems and that is why he did not play. Also said Tevez was bang out of order and the chairman had spoken to Mancini on the coach on the way home and was totally supportive! Thats is the only reaon Lescott did not play!!

worsleyweb said:
I was at the gym last night and Citys goaly coach was having a sauna and got talking to him about various things about Munich etc. He said Lescott is having quite a lot of knee problems and that is why he did not play. Also said Tevez was bang out of order and the chairman had spoken to Mancini on the coach on the way home and was totally supportive! Thats is the only reaon Lescott did not play!!

Good stuff,perhaps all the would be managers on here, can now advise on this weeks team?.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.